Another child, another Bucks appeal...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mostlymum

Another child, another Bucks appeal...

Post by Mostlymum »

I should be used to this by now...
Of my four dcs, the three who were expected to pass didn't and the one who wasn't did :D The older two's appeals were successful but a few years ago.

So youngest scored 119: verbal 124, nvr 127, maths 104.
Most recent CATs were Y5 with Verbal:135, Quantitative:135, Non-verbal:123, Spatial:123
GD for English, Maths and Science
Reading age 15.9, recommendation 1-2

How important are extenuating circumstances now? We don't have any, he just had an off day.
Guest55

Re: Another child, another Bucks appeal...

Post by Guest55 »

You need to think about a review if the Head is going to give high KS2 predictions.

Make an appointment and see how strongly the Head supports. You have CATs to back up the weaker area but it might hinge on KS2 predictions and how reliable the Head's recommendations were.

Do read the difference between a paper-based review and an appeal.
Mostlymum

Re: Another child, another Bucks appeal...

Post by Mostlymum »

Thanks Guest 55, older brother was the first year of the paper reviews and it's been interesting to see how things have panned out since then.

Looking more closely, the score was actually 119.75 :roll: He has a strong recommendation from the head but I'll check the accuracy of their predictions. A review is the more likely option.

I'm waiting to see what the school writes before embarking on our letter but will re-read Mary's letter, it certainly helped with the older two's appeals :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now