Regarding Best grammar school boys Kent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sammonga

Regarding Best grammar school boys Kent

Post by Sammonga »

Hi Everyone, I am new member and don’t know much about the process . We just received the Kent results. We live in Redbridge borough but we are flexible to move. I didn’t know what’s the highest score ever. My son scored 416/423. And in English 141/141. I want to know which is the best grammar school in technology and as outside of county did he will surely get the admission. Regards Sam
ToadMum

Re: Regarding Best grammar school boys Kent

Post by ToadMum »

Sammonga wrote:Hi Everyone, I am new member and don’t know much about the process . We just received the Kent results. We live in Redbridge borough but we are flexible to move. I didn’t know what’s the highest score ever. My son scored 416/423. And in English 141/141. I want to know which is the best grammar school in technology and as outside of county did he will surely get the admission. Regards Sam
Silly question, but before you registered your DS to sit the exam, did you not research for yourself which schools he could possibly qualify for from the other side of the Thames? The admissions policies for all state schools in the county are on the Kent CC website, in close proximity to the area where the Kent Test registration is accessed.

The Redbridge grammar schools do not reserve any places at all for OOC applicants, whose applications are only considered after all qualifying applicants from the Common Catchment Area. Were you not worried that all grammar schools in Kent would apply the same policy?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

“What’s the highest score ever?”

Crikey, that’s got to be the best one yet.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Well, someone on the raw scores discussion got maximum marks, which I suppose beats your son's remarkable score. I believe a few children achieve that every year. As for which school is best for technology, I suppose you would have to ask any school you are interested in, or better still, attend a few open evenings so he can decide if likes the school.
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

Sammonga, congratulations. 416 is an outstanding mark.

I don't have boys and don't know anything specific about schools as to which ones are best in technology. However, I know that Judds is probably the most sought out after school by the high achieving boys' parents around Bexley, Bromley and East Kent areas jusdging by my personal experience. Skinners and Darford Boys are in high demand too.

Although the aforementioned schools are very competitive and hard to get a place, 416 has been a safe mark, historically speaking, that is.

Again, with my limited understanding about boys school and schools in the area other than we live in or nearby, there is no Redbridge school which produces better GCSE/A level results than Judds.

It sounds like your boy is academic and will do well in the schools I've mentioned. The only thing is, it is quite a journey for him to commute from Redbridge. So, it might be a good idea to consider moving.

All the best.
Last edited by apprentice on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sammonga, welcome to the forum.

You really need to look at the websites for the schools you are interested in as they will have their own admissions policies. Judd and Skinners' have changed their admissions policies so you will need to look and see if you qualify for an OOC place.

But, more importantly do consider the journey that your DS will have to make everyday for the next 7 years.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sammonga

Post by Sammonga »

Thanks everyone for advise and guidance . It’s realy hard to make a decision he have got good score in CEM 126.9 for Redbridge and 360 in CSSE. Confuse.com at the moment.
countrylifeKat

Post by countrylifeKat »

Sammonga - how many entrance exams is your son taking?! Really sounds like he's done enough, done very well and you all need to relax
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sammonga wrote:Thanks everyone for advise and guidance . It’s realy hard to make a decision he have got good score in CEM 126.9 for Redbridge and 360 in CSSE. Confuse.com at the moment.
So which school did you name as first preference in the end?