QM Results 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkmum

Re: QM Results 2019

Post by pinkmum »

Postie has just been, no letters. Looks like girls are still waiting for next week!
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

long time I have not posted as started this journey with my eldest who went to camp hill and now in 2nd year in university

my 2nd girl did not get into grammar school standard comp and then went to 6th form handsworth girls and now started this year at uni. Point I am trying to make as some children don't make grammar school age 11 its not to be all end all.

3rd girl got into handsworth and is currently studying there based on our experience of handsworth 2nd girl we decided on handsworth for 6rh form over camp hill. Don't get me wrong camp hill girls is excellent school and eldest loved it there but i found handsworth more better on support and relaxed environment.

now to my youngest i missed the cut off date for the test and did not get registered for king Edwards. A few weeks of guilt of letting him down I moved on and he sat the wasall exam. As he did not get the same choice as his sister's poor kid.

His result came today 340 proud of him as long as they is not a huge jump like last year he should be fine but march will give the true answer.

Now for all parents well done to those who made it and well done for those who did not and remember its not everything they will do well any school with proactive parents. This is all a stepping stone to the next stage .
Last edited by Footballdad on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Wolczr wrote:Can somebody provide me with the reassurance that we are okay on 352? We got 225 on the Bham test - my son found the Walsall test much easier. We are genuinely surprised by the disparity between the results.
You will be fine with that score.

There are two open afternoons on the 16th and 22nd of this month to have another look around the school during a working day if you want to go.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Footballdad

Post by Footballdad »

quasimodo wrote:
Wolczr wrote:Can somebody provide me with the reassurance that we are okay on 352? We got 225 on the Bham test - my son found the Walsall test much easier. We are genuinely surprised by the disparity between the results.
You will be fine with that score.

There are two open afternoons on the 16th and 22nd of this month to have another look around the school during a working day if you want to go.

You are safe with that score. Mine 340 March will give answer as long as not a huge increase like last year.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Footballdad wrote:long time I have not posted as started this journey with my eldest who went to camp hill and now in 2nd year in university

my 2nd girl did not get into grammar school standard comp and then went to 6th form handsworth girls and now started this year at uni. Point I am trying to make as some children don't make grammar school age 11 its not to be all end all.

3rd girl got into handsworth and is currently studying there based on our experience of handsworth 2nd girl we decided on handsworth for 6rh form over camp hill. Don't get me wrong camp hill girls is excellent school and eldest loved it there but i found handsworth more better on support and relaxed environment.

now to my youngest i missed the cut off date for th test and did both get registered for king Edwards. a few weeks of guilt of letting him down we moved on and he sat the wasall exam.

his result came today 340 proud of him as long as they is not a huge jump like last year he should be fine but march will give the true answer.

now for all parents well done to those who made it and well done for those who did not and remember its not everything they will do well any school with proactive parents. This is all a stepping stone to the next stage .
Well done to your son.I think he will be fine.There is a margin of 7 from last years final cut off.Last years list moved by 4 from the initial cut off of 337 to the eventual 333.The introduction of pp had this huge effect.In contrast there was no impact on QMHS's non pp initial cut off last year.The huge rise was unexpected and unparalleled.A rise was expected but not by that much.Hopefully the cut off will settle down this year.Though they have plans for more non pp and pp places in the future.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Finally got home. So DS3 has scored 332.
This would have been fine a few years ago, but not so sure this year.
Again, very borderline and just below last years 333 cut off (waiting list)

He has also received an offer from OSH in today's post and he also sat KES.

Only time will tell if we did enough to get him into one of the grammars.
Jacerraces

Post by Jacerraces »

My son had a disparity in his results too, he got 216 in the bham test and 348 in the Walsall test.in retrospect I should've booked him to do mock tests. But we are so pleased with his score
isymum

Post by isymum »

Some advice needed please a friend son has received 310 for Queen Mary boys test and 196 for the Birmingham Consortuim.

Is there any hope do you think getting into Queen Mary or Handsworth Boys?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

isymum wrote:Some advice needed please a friend son has received 310 for Queen Mary boys test and 196 for the Birmingham Consortuim.

Is there any hope do you think getting into Queen Mary or Handsworth Boys?
Unfortunately I would say not. HGS went to 205 last year and was extremely slow in moving - it did do 201 the previous year, and I think 203 the year before. The way QM jumped last year I can’t see it coming down to 310, and indeed hasn’t been that low for a while. As long as he has the desire to achieve he will do well wherever he goes.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Jacerraces wrote:My son had a disparity in his results too, he got 216 in the bham test and 348 in the Walsall test.in retrospect I should've booked him to do mock tests. But we are so pleased with his score
Jokingly you had a mock with the Birmingham test.Its only relatively recently the Walsall exam was moved from July to September after the Birmingham test.Previously had tourists from all over the country and not only the local ones who went and sat the Walsall test.

Seriously the wide variation in results is nothing unusual and working both ways.

Well done to your son and you have a choice of grammars.See which fits best.

Abraham Lincoln