Bucks Selection Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Det234

Bucks Selection Review

Post by Det234 »

I’d like some help please! My daughter scored 117, we were expecting her to gain the necessary qualifying score. We are going to apply for a selection review, school are very supportive and teacher is going to fill in the forms over the weekend, I also have evidence coming from the young Carers association as she is a young carer for her sister who has autism, and a GP report as she came down with flu on the Sunday following the test. Any other help or advice would be very gratefully received!
Guest55

Re: Bucks Selection Review - happy to help

Post by Guest55 »

Welcome - it would be useful to start your own thread so all the advice is on one place.

The review is a paper exercise so it's all about data. What do the KS2 assessments look like ie Year 3, 4 and 5? What is predicted for the KS2 tests?

Is it a Bucks Primary or Partner school? If so then the accuracy of the HT recommendations will influence to whole process.
mitasol

Re: Bucks Selection Review

Post by mitasol »

Thanks G55 - I have split this into a new thread.
Det234

Post by Det234 »

Thank you for this. We are actually 0.5 miles out of catchment but both elder siblings are at Bucks grammar schools. School are v supportive , spoke to her class teacher on Friday evening, head is new this year.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

Have you read the links?

Start here.

See also this thread.
Etienne
Det234

Post by Det234 »

Ks1 SATs all 3’s with a 2 for speaking and listening, reports in years 4 and 5 the school have put exceeding expectation for every category
Det234

Post by Det234 »

Thank you Etienne I’m going through everything at the moment, thank you for the support.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OK - have you seen the link Sally-Anne posted to the form the Head will have to complete? Year 3 data will also be needed.

Any CATs? Reading age? Do you know what the HT recommendation was and how accurate these were?
Det234

Post by Det234 »

Thank you Guest 55, I’ve got a pack from bucks cc which includes a form for the head, I have emailed that to her class teacher as she requested. Year 3 data all I have are the teacher assessment SATs results that I’ve already mentioned, is there anything else I should have or the school should have? As we aren’t in catchment there was no prior HT recommendation but from what I can gather from the conversation I had with her teacher, they deem her very suitable for GS. She did do some tests at school last year which She gained 123 for English, and something similar for maths, not too sure what kind of tests these were but the impression I got from her teacher was that these were higher than average scores so perhaps need to find out more about those? No reading age on her reports but I’m sure I can ask her school?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When you've collected all the data available then you need to consider if it's robust enough to convince a panel. An unsuccessful review makes a later appeal more difficult.

It will be more difficult without KS2 data but not impossible.