Beths v C&S v St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Undecided01

Beths v C&S v St Olaves

Post by Undecided01 »

My DS has passed the bexley test (only a few points off the 180), a high Kent score and the final 460 of StOlaves.
Undecided re order - feel free relieved to have choices - any one here got children at StOlaves - would really appreciate your thoughts. Our DS is very driven and is quite a perfectionist. Worried about St Olaves pressure.
Always thought C&S would be the school for him but not too sure now having been to Beths recently and the improved pastoral care at st Olaves?
grgygirl

Re: Beths v C&S v St Olaves

Post by grgygirl »

Congratulations! All good schools with a different feel. C and S co-ed, others boys only then co Ed at sixth form. I think at St Olaves the pressure comes from the boys themselves and not the school. The school continuously emphasises the need for down time, encourages the boys to go to clubs etc and the homework load seems quite light to me. There is an air of achievement as so many of the boys are gifted or very talented in particular areas and this may be where the competition comes in. If your ds is used to being the top of the class and may be disheartened by being further down then this might not be the school for him. However, many of them are ordinarily bright boys, a bit lazy and they all seem to like gaming a lot!

Faced with those choices, I’d look at the ease of the journey and decide based on that.