Where to put grammar on school preferences?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Topcat75

Where to put grammar on school preferences?

Post by Topcat75 »

We are going to appeal to our local grammar even though my daughter missed out by quite a few points on her Kent test. I feel this school would be better suited to her needs holistically. She also likes the local comp which she will need to complete an aptitude test to get in (it's a technology school and we are not on its feeder school list).
My question is, when I'm filling in the schools application forms, which school should I put first? I don't want to ruin our chances of the tech school by not putting it first but equally, can I appeal for a grammar place when the panel may see it wasn't our first choice on the application form?
Etienne

Re: Where to put grammar on school preferences?

Post by Etienne »

Does this help?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... n-form-caf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please keep to a single thread on Appeals - it helps to have all your questions in one place (no matter what the topic title).
Etienne
hermanmunster

Re: Where to put grammar on school preferences?

Post by hermanmunster »

Have a read of this : https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... n-form-caf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

explains about completing the form.

Key things to remember:

1) you will be offered the first school on the list that you are eligible for

2) you need to be rejected from a school to appeal

3) putting the local school second will not affect the chance of getting a place there, if you do not get the GS place then your second chiocie place effectively becomes your first

So if you really want the GS (and are considering appealing) but would be happy with the local school then it needs to be:
1.GS
2. Local school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now