Bucks Selection Review - happy to help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Det234

Re: Bucks Selection Review - happy to help

Post by Det234 »

Bucksmum33 my daughter also scored 117, we are going to apply for a selection review, my post is in appeals if you can offer any advice, I’d be very grateful.
HalsGal

Post by HalsGal »

I probably disagree with both of you. My DS didn't get the magic 121 in the 11+ so we went to appeal. He did not have the support of the HT (or should I say Yr6 teacher as they admitted she wrote the reports) I believe mainly due to DS not conforming to what they expected; though he was always top table he was not "outgoing" enough to impress the teacher.

My point is you know your DC best and the teachers can be biased against children (sorry if that sounds harsh to all the teachers on here but from where I sit it is true).
I would agree with this. My DS sounds very similar to yours and, while he did have the support of the HT, they made it clear that he only just had it. Every single piece of academic evidence we have had from the school indicated that he was a very high performing child but he didn't conform to this idea they seemed to have of one, he just quietly got on with things and got ignored most of the time. He passed the 11+ comfortably and I am so glad because, if I had to appeal, I was genuinely concerned about their understanding of my child and doing him a disservice in their report.

Good luck to those of you appealing / reviewing.
bucksmum33

Post by bucksmum33 »

Det234 wrote:Bucksmum33 my daughter also scored 117, we are going to apply for a selection review, my post is in appeals if you can offer any advice, I’d be very grateful.
Will take a look.