Adams Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Postman Pat

Adams Scores

Post by Postman Pat »

Hi , just received the score report letter from Adams . 335. any idea if we secured a sit or not? :?
Inspector General

Re: Adams Scores

Post by Inspector General »

You can only work from the available information which (unless your results letter gave any details about last years scores, and I have a feeling it didn't) is that 325 secured a place in 2017, but probably the score went lower from the waiting list. On that basis, your DS's score is a comfortable one and you should be confident of a place.
Postman Pat

Post by Postman Pat »

Inspector General wrote:You can only work from the available information which (unless your results letter gave any details about last years scores, and I have a feeling it didn't) is that 325 secured a place in 2017, but probably the score went lower from the waiting list. On that basis, your DS's score is a comfortable one and you should be confident of a place.

Thanks Inspector General. We don't have any preference between QMGS or Adams , in addition I've understood the cut off score levels for QMGS are a bit higher than Adams. So will it be important if we select Adams 1st then QMGS or not? I mean if I select QMGS as our 1st preference and their cut off score is 340 (as an example) then we will not been offered and they will check Adams as our 2nd preference , but will we have priority to the Adams lovers who selected it as their 1st preference with less scores?? someone whose score is 330 but his 1st preference is Adams will get a higher priority than us with the score of 335 but selected Adams as 2nd preference? is that correct understanding? please advise.
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

Hello Postman Pat

I am sorry I don't know the answer to that - I suspect it is like Birmingham where if you don't get first choice it defaults to second so you don't lose your 'place'. However, I don't think this comes up very often in Wrekin/Wolverhampton/Walsall since until recently entry scores to the boys's schools were quite similar.

Over to our very experienced moderators/administrators .... !!

IG
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Inspector General wrote:Hello Postman Pat

I am sorry I don't know the answer to that - I suspect it is like Birmingham where if you don't get first choice it defaults to second so you don't lose your 'place'. However, I don't think this comes up very often in Wrekin/Wolverhampton/Walsall since until recently entry scores to the boys's schools were quite similar
Make a decision on which is your first preference and ensure your list of schools reflects your true preferences.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... n-form-caf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we consider last years cut offs QMGS had a cut off of 337 on offers day and the cut off went to 333 off the waiting list.For Adams we are made aware that 325 was offered on offers day out of area.If QMGS was your first choice on offers day and Adams second then on offers day you would have been offered Adams and gone on the waiting list for QMGS as your score of 335 was insufficient on that date.At a later stage you would have been offered the school.

if it was the other way round and Adams was first choice and QMGS second you would have been offered Adams as your first choice having met the cut off score and QMGS would never come into the equation.

We don't know what the cut off will be this year but you need to decide your true preferences between the schools and have a first and second choice.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Postman Pat

Post by Postman Pat »

Thanks for clarification.
Anyone knows about Borders @ Adams? They will charge parents 11K£ approx. just for boarding , but they are saying if I choose to stay at school say one night a week the price will be £ 60/night. how does that work? if I receive a boarding offer , shall I pay full price or it depends on the nights I want my son sleep there?

quasimodo wrote:
Inspector General wrote:Hello Postman Pat

I am sorry I don't know the answer to that - I suspect it is like Birmingham where if you don't get first choice it defaults to second so you don't lose your 'place'. However, I don't think this comes up very often in Wrekin/Wolverhampton/Walsall since until recently entry scores to the boys's schools were quite similar
Make a decision on which is your first preference and ensure your list of schools reflects your true preferences.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... n-form-caf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we consider last years cut offs QMGS had a cut off of 337 on offers day and the cut off went to 333 off the waiting list.For Adams we are made aware that 325 was offered on offers day out of area.If QMGS was your first choice on offers day and Adams second then on offers day you would have been offered Adams and gone on the waiting list for QMGS as your score of 335 was insufficient on that date.At a later stage you would have been offered the school.

if it was the other way round and Adams was first choice and QMGS second you would have been offered Adams as your first choice having met the cut off score and QMGS would never come into the equation.

We don't know what the cut off will be this year but you need to decide your true preferences between the schools and have a first and second choice.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Generally speaking, with boarding schools, if you choose a boarding place then you are liable for the full boarding fee. What most boarding schools do is offer flexible boarding for none boarders (ie the day pupils) so if their parents want them to stay the night as they have to get up early the next day to go on a school trip, for example, the facility is there but costs £60 a night at Adams to do this.

I cannot imagine that Adams is any different to other boarding schools in this respect - otherwise people would try and bypass the system by opting for a boarding place and then only "choosing" to stay one night a week to try and avoid the fees. I don't think it works like that!!!