250+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aflower

250+

Post by Aflower »

How are there so many high scores this year? What are the implications of this?
Vicksteroo

Re: 250+

Post by Vicksteroo »

I'm guessing we'll just have to wait for the rankings to be released - another couple of sleepless nights for anyone that is worried they're borderline. I know of a couple of people not on this forum that didn't score so highly, and I imagine they wouldn't be posting their scores online if they're dealing with disappointment. Wednesday is the new Monday ;)
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Aflower wrote:How are there so many high scores this year? What are the implications of this?
There will be a similar proportion (relative to the cohort) of high scores year on year. It is just that people with high scores are much happier to post them than those with lower scores.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As I have said on the other thread, it is far too early to say. People who access this forum tend to be very invested in the 11+ process so it is not surprising to hear high scores - it is also still early so the majority of parents may not have posted on here yet. People with high scores tend to be keen to share them with complete strangers, those with mid to low scores tend to be more retrospective, thinking about what it might mean before publicly speaking on here.

It does depend on ranks really, not scores, as the rank is your relative position - if scores are generally higher then I would expect the AQS’s to rise.

Crossed with others.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

I read somewhere that 200 is set to be the mean standard score - anyone know if that's right? Because if so, the AQS can't move too much as there'll be as many scores below 200 as there are above it. Can't remember where I read this now though, so probably not very helpful!
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

The 200 mean standard score is on the letter that WCC put out today on the 11+ page - the one that tells us what the AQS scores were for the last two years.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Ah, thank you! Well in that case, I'm not expecting the AQS to vary that much, unless the bell curve of results is strongly skewed.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Don't forget that the 200 mean score doesn't just include Warwickshire candidates it includes all of the Birmingham Consortium candidates as well as the papers are shared. There is a single cohort standardisation.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

If I am reading the FOI information correctly 2800 sitters for 2018 entry and 73 scored 250+ that is 2.5% of the entry. Judging by the number of 250+ on here, either:
1/ As Kenyancowgirl said only the most invested parents are online
2/ There has been a massive jump in scores
3/ ...

FOI information here, oodles of spreadsheets etc for your enjoyment:
15/07/2018 08:35
Committee of Reference minutes and documents 3542029
https://warwickshireportal.icasework.co ... %3D%3D~%21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

I love a spreadsheet or two! Can't access the link though. Any suggestions as to how to view?