House move getting delayed ..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
CrazyStar

House move getting delayed ..

Post by CrazyStar »

Hi all ,

Can I some help me with some advice please.
I have a house in Harrow and wanted to upgrade to a bigger property. Our house sale is secured with a first time buyer. But the vendors we wanted to buy the property from keeps delaying. They accepted our offer 4-5 months before but hasn't finalised a property yet.

We started the whole process an year before. But still going on with no joy.

My daughter sat for the bucks and Slough exams. She has passed the bucks one. Still awaiting for Slough results.

Now the question is the estate agents are saying they can provide a letter to submit the CAF form in bucks council.

Has anyone been in the situation as me before. Could you guys please advice what letters would I have to submit to council.

Kind regards and Thanx
Sally-Anne

Re: House move getting delayed ..

Post by Sally-Anne »

You accidentally posted this in the Sixth Form section, so I have moved it to Bucks for you.

Although I sympathise with your frustration, I don't think that Bucks CC (or any Admission Authority) would bend their rules in this situation, regardless of what the estate agent is prepared to write.

I'm afraid that you will just have to submit the CAF using your current address, and then continue the moving process in the hope of getting a place in the second round of admissions, which is what you will be eligible for.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I don't think letters of intent are any good, least of all from an estate agent. The only thing that might be admissible is a solicitor's letter confirming exchange has taken place and that completion will take place on or before 31st October, and it sounds like you're not there yet.

If you can't prove residency by 31st October it's your Harrow address that will be used in the first round of Bucks applications. You will not be allocated a place. If you subsequently move your new address will be used for later rounds but there's no guarantee of a place. Think very carefully about which upper schools you will put on your CAF because there is a possibility you will be allocated a place at an upper school.
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

Thank you so much for the reply.

We won't be having the sale completion letter. But as our sale is secured we could get a letter from our solicitors.

Would that give any weight to the letter of intent. ?
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

Thank you @sally-Anne .and sorry. Didn't realise it
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

No, because it's not confirmation that you will be in your new house by 31st October. It's the exchange of contracts and completion of the house you're buying that's critical here. It makes no difference when you sell your current house. You need to be resident in your new house by that date and be prepared to provide evidence of that if required.

A letter of intent is no use. Anyone could write one or ask someone to write one.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

A bit late for being in before 31st October, probably (although some posters seem pretty confident of achieving it), but you could pull the plug on your purchase and rent for a while?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Do the people selling their house have a child of about 10, by any chance? Is it possible that they're delaying so they can use their current address in the first round of allocations before they move to where they really want to live? :lol:
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

ToadMum wrote:A bit late for being in before 31st October, probably (although some posters seem pretty confident of achieving it), but you could pull the plug on your purchase and rent for a while?
"Paying guest" is all the rage nowadays.
CrazyStar

Post by CrazyStar »

anotherdad wrote:Do the people selling their house have a child of about 10, by any chance? Is it possible that they're delaying so they can use their current address in the first round of allocations before they move to where they really want to live? :lol:

Not that I know :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now