CCHS Funding and subjects

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11plus2018

CCHS Funding and subjects

Post by 11plus2018 »

Any guidance on CCHS fundings. Heard they have closed some key subjects as well. Seniors please guide.
htm

Re: CCHS Funding and subjects

Post by htm »

Yes, they closed Design & Technology (D&T) 2 years back. On the 2016 open day, D&T was showcased very prominently; so impressed was I that I thought my daughter would enjoy the D&T club etc. As soon as she joined, the D&T curriculum was shelved citing funding crunch.

I would rather that CCHS closed couple of language departments (who needs Latin etc.?) if it really came down to funding; but in closing down D&T and rolling back their IT infrastructure, CCHS merrily reinforced the stereotype that girls and technology don't mix! Such a shame!
better to be moderate, than be moderated
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

My DD is at CCHS. Can you say more about what you've heard as its not immediately ringing any bells.
marigold

Post by marigold »

I have been a member of the
forum for 10 years and have read some pretty shocking stuff over this period but never in the league of “ closing down a couple of language departments ( who needs Latin etc? ).”
I truely hope that none of the amazing language teachers at the school read this forum. I am almost ashamed to be reading it myself if another member honestly feels this way.

Marigold
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

One of the biggest reasons behind hoping for a CCHS education for my DD - besides its excellent academic record - is the outstanding language provision. Latin is definitely still very relevant in today’s world.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now