Loreto category 7 chances

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Chechi_master

Loreto category 7 chances

Post by Chechi_master »

Hi all, our daughter got result yesterday and passed with marks well above 338 required but we are a non Christian family but lives very close to school. I think we fall into category 7.

Do you think there is any chance for getting the place. I was told last year places were offered up to category 4.

Still awaiting result for AGGS which is our first choice but failing that then Loreto is our second choice.

Thanks in advance.
walidal

Re: Loreto category 7 chances

Post by walidal »

We were told the same about category 4 versus 7. All depends if Loreto are obliged to take a very small percentage in cat7. If so, what is the criteria they apply ref proximity or highest score etc...In this case, if your daughter got say above 400 and is living opposite the school and the school are obliged to take say 2 students then your chances are encouraging. This if course, depends on putting Loreto as your 1st choice
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

They have to follow the admissions criteria which will be on the school website
scary mum
mayday

Post by mayday »

There’s nothing lost by putting Loreto first on your form I know that much. You can always also appeal non allocation and I assume a high score won’t hurt!

I have realised I am a bit confused about he wandering pass mark...is it set each year to reflect a number or percentage of entrants passing? Just that I think at least 7 girls have passed in my daughter’s class which is unheard of in previous years.
walidal

Post by walidal »

I am told that a few years ago the pass mark at Loreto was 320 where this year it was 338. Any explanation as to what this means???
Samm1310

Post by Samm1310 »

My daughter failed by 13 marks ☹️
Both her teacher & I are very surprised. She was doing exceptionally well in practice tests and is also considered to be gifted in Maths. She felt confident she had done well. Maybe just down to nerves on the day but I would really like to see where she went wrong. Does anyone know if we can get this information?
mayday

Post by mayday »

Didn’t want to leave your post unanswered but not sure about whether you can get that info. I know that one of the most helpful posts I have read on here is a breakdown of the results of some near misses on VR tests and I think the source was parents who had made freedom of information requests. As loreto have an in house maths test it might me easier t get some feedback but also could be an administrative nightmare. I hope your daughter is coping ok as school...with such an unexpected result, they surely have some kind of system for remarking as with any other public exam?
Samm1310

Post by Samm1310 »

Thanks for replying. I know us mums sometimes over estimate our children’s abilities and don’t like to see them fail/be disappointed but both her teacher and head teacher have said they were confident she would pass. Her head has agreed to support an appeal but from what I’ve read there very rarely successful.
I’m going to email the school and see if there is anything that can be done.
mmm1980

Post by mmm1980 »

can you share scores ? i wonder what was the highest score. X
Samm1310

Post by Samm1310 »

Yes, my daughter scored 325
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now