Newstead Test January 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fiedi

Newstead Test January 2019

Post by Fiedi »

Rumors

Does anyone know about the Newstead Test in January 2019?
apprentice

Re: Newstead Test January 2019

Post by apprentice »

Fiedi wrote:Rumors

Does anyone know about the Newstead Test in January 2019?
I don't know much about it except they have always had an additional exam in January for children who were too ill to sit the first one. Also, the school invited the girls who have submitted the SIF but didn't do so within th deadline.
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

apprentice. Are you sure girls who didn't submit the SIF by the deadline were invited to take the test in the January? This would be not be allowed under their admission procedure.
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

bluesea wrote:apprentice. Are you sure girls who didn't submit the SIF by the deadline were invited to take the test in the January? This would be not be allowed under their admission procedure.
It is a fact. You can contact the school to verify it.
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

The admissions procedures clearly state SIF/application forms will not be accepted after the date. You must be mistaken and perhaps there were other extenuating reasons for a child taking the test in January not September. Schools have to adhere to the School Admissions Code and academies answer to the Secretary of State if they don't. Here's the SIF form on their website:

THIS APPLICATION FORM, IN HARD COPY, MUST BE RECEIVED, IN A SEALED ENVELOPE MARKED FOR THE
ATTENTION OF THE ADMISSIONS REGISTRAR, AT SCHOOL BETWEEN MONDAY 4th JUNE 2018 AND FRIDAY
29th JUNE 2018. APPLICATION FORMS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FAXED OR EMAILED SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

bluesea wrote:You must be mistaken and perhaps there were other extenuating reasons for a child taking the test in January not September.

Sure. I must be.
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

We know if you badger them enough you might just get another 20 marks added to your score so you qualify - I don't think making exceptions to the admissions policy is considered a serious issue. By them.
Snoop67

Post by Snoop67 »

There were no successful appeals at Newstead Wood last year so I very much doubt the story about 20 marks being added was true.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Snoop67 wrote:There were no successful appeals at Newstead Wood last year so I very much doubt the story about 20 marks being added was true.
You only appeal if you don't get offered a place, the person who got their DD's paper remarked did so before 1 March and I gather her DD therefore qualified for a place and there was no need to appeal see FlowerPink18's post here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... ed#p672046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snoop67

Post by Snoop67 »

So why did she post on Sunday 4th March to say they had received letter the day before and that her daughter got 220 and was 19th on the waiting list??
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now