Catchment areas help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pabloc

Catchment areas help

Post by pabloc »

We have decided to move from Blackheath to beside Kidbrooke station to be in a catchment area for at least some of the Bexley Grammars.

We couldn’t find a place closer which has 4 bedrooms and public transport.

Do you think we’ll be ok for one of these?

1. Bexley 3.43m
2. Chis & Sid 3.9m
3. Beths 5.6m

If not then we are spending a huge amount of money for no reason!
Thirdtimer3

Re: Catchment areas help

Post by Thirdtimer3 »

Bexley grammar hadn’t come out that far in a while but they have a bulge class this year so might go a bit further
Chis and sid have gone out that far in recent years
Beth’s I think used to but the catchment area is never certain

To be certain I would want to move as close to the school I wanted as I could
Because as you say moving house for a school that isn’t certain is a lot of upheaval
Wish you luck
pabloc

Post by pabloc »

Thirdtimer3 wrote:Bexley grammar hadn’t come out that far in a while but they have a bulge class this year so might go a bit further
Chis and sid have gone out that far in recent years
Beth’s I think used to but the catchment area is never certain

To be certain I would want to move as close to the school I wanted as I could
Because as you say moving house for a school that isn’t certain is a lot of upheaval
Wish you luck
Thanks..not that easy finding a suitable home for family of 5 in these areas.
Thirdtimer3

Post by Thirdtimer3 »

Oh sorry I have not been in the house moving market for many years - I was only trying to help answer the catchment question to try and help!
Good luck with moving - we live within walking distance to BGS and have a family of 5. I hadn’t realised it was hard to find homes around here
pabloc

Post by pabloc »

No problem..appreciate any advice.
It really is a leap in the dark relying on previous years areas to squeeze in.

I think the tax changes on landlords has removed a lot of rental properties from market.
We rent our home in Ireland and HMRC charging almost three times as much in ta than Irish State..
zcacmxi

Post by zcacmxi »

Next 2/3/4 stops on the same line, Eltham, Falconwood, Welling, Bexleyheath would surely be better for catchments?
pabloc

Post by pabloc »

zcacmxi wrote:Next 2/3/4 stops on the same line, Eltham, Falconwood, Welling, Bexleyheath would surely be better for catchments?

There isnothing on the market anywhere for 4 bed..apart from some seriously scruffy homes.

I’d buy if we had more money and time
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I know a family with three children who moved to a two bed flat to be in catchment for their favourite school, got the place and planned to move but ended up in the flat for two years - they learned a lot of lessons about tolerance! Two boys in one bedroom, parents in another and the eldest daughter in the living room. Do you have to have a four bed if it might be just a short term rent? This three bed is close to Sidcup station and Chis n Sid school https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to ... 97032.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - there is no layout but it mentions a dining room which depending on configuration you may be able to turn into a bedroom???
skilfullzeus

Post by skilfullzeus »

zcacmxi wrote:Next 2/3/4 stops on the same line, Eltham, Falconwood, Welling, Bexleyheath would surely be better for catchments?
or the nearby line New Eltham, Sidcup, Bexley etc.?
phina1

Post by phina1 »

That wasn't enough to get an offer from C&S on offer day last year (but would have got a place from Waitlist), not sure about Beth's. That's too far from Bexley GS.

Although Bexley GS are adding a bulge class which will hopefully extend distances, there are a lot more kids around so I wouldn't assume anything. Distances may shrink or increase.