Clarification from STRS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stroudydad

Clarification from STRS

Post by stroudydad »

Dear Parent

We appreciate that there has been some confusion over the results sent out on Friday. Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for any misunderstanding.

To clarify:
· The rank sent out by Sir Thomas Rich’s on Friday afternoon is correct, if this was included in your email.
· Boys ranked from 1 down to 366 have met the qualifying standard for our school. Boys ranked from 367 down to 941 have not met the qualifying standard for Sir Thomas Rich’s.
· We understand that another school has re-issued their ranks earlier this week, following a technical issue. Please note that this does not affect your son’s rank for Sir Thomas Rich’s.

If you have requested your son’s rank, please be aware that we have had hundreds of requests, and I will get this information to you as soon as I can.

I hope that this information helps clarify the situation.

Kind regards

Sue Bain
REGISTRAR (Admissions)
& COMPANY SECRETARY
SIR THOMAS RICH'S
Oakleaze Gloucester GL2 0LF
01452 338400
srb@strs.org.uk
strschool.co.uk
starcrazy

Re: Clarification from STRS

Post by starcrazy »

I hope the headteacher at Crypt reads that, as an example of how to effectively clarify an issue.
Amber

Post by Amber »

starcrazy wrote:I hope the headteacher at Crypt reads that, as an example of how to effectively clarify an issue.
+1
And this wasn't even the school affected. Another example of all that is good about STR. :D Sorry, shameless plug!

A pity the poor woman has had 'hundreds of requests' for rank - I think we know why that is. :?
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Honestly I think there's a level of arrogance and lack of openness with the way Crypt has dealt with this, particularly after the chaos last year. I do think the ethos of a school starts with the Head. It's something that I'll keep in mind when we look at sixth forms.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

RedVelvet wrote:Honestly I think there's a level of arrogance and lack of openness with the way Crypt has dealt with this, particularly after the chaos last year. I do think the ethos of a school starts with the Head. It's something that I'll keep in mind when we look at sixth forms.
You are actually the fourth person a have heard say this today - I’ve never met the guy, but I’ll be honest, his picture gives me that impression, and I know I’m not alone in that though. When you compare his the to the pictures of the other head teachers, it stands out. Sorry if that sounds like a personal attack, it s just my impression.
Amber

Post by Amber »

RedVelvet wrote:Honestly I think there's a level of arrogance and lack of openness with the way Crypt has dealt with this, particularly after the chaos last year. I do think the ethos of a school starts with the Head. It's something that I'll keep in mind when we look at sixth forms.
I agree. This is the second year running they have single handedly created a s**t storm which has sucked in lots of other schools, and it seems the attitude is just sit tight, grin out from the home page of your website about how outstanding you are, and wait for it to pass while poor Mrs Bain and no doubt other admissions officers at other schools get to mop up the mess. My initial sympathy for them has evaporated as I think the response (or non response) has been shocking.
PompeyLil

Post by PompeyLil »

Ribston have also put reassuring words on their website; it's nice to know they care even though this c***up was nothing to do with them. Still nothing on the Crypt's website.