Increase in cut off score for 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cbebala

Increase in cut off score for 2019 entry

Post by cbebala »

Hi All,

my son has scored 224 and we are hoping that he will get through BV...

But we are worried as we hear that the cut off score will seen an increase this year..

any insight into that will be really helpful..
helen0209

Re: Increase in cut off score for 2019 entry

Post by helen0209 »

cbebala wrote:Hi All,

my son has scored 224 and we are hoping that he will get through BV...

But we are worried as we hear that the cut off score will seen an increase this year..

any insight into that will be really helpful..
There may be a slight increase this year, but I would be confident with a score of 224.
cbebala

Post by cbebala »

Thanks for the response... i hear the cut off scores will go up by 3 - 4 marks this year..
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

cbebala wrote:Thanks for the response... i hear the cut off scores will go up by 3 - 4 marks this year..
There is no way of telling. Realistically they could go up as more entrants sat the exam.

However, for some reason people might decide to apply elsewhere. So no one can say for sure what is going to happen.

This year FW decreased by 1 point.
bigupash

Post by bigupash »

Hi,

i am new to this forum but we went to the open morning yesterday at BV and they are increasing intake from 160 to 192, so potentially the threshold could move either way. From past experience when they did that it went up, but that is a good score and you should fine, one thinks! :)
cbebala

Post by cbebala »

Thanks... Thats a bit of relief...

Is the seat increase only in BV or will KE FW also have a increased strength ?
sallygill

Post by sallygill »

Hi everyone

Well done to all!

Can I have some advice in terms of scores please? My son has scored 231, what are the chances of KEFW for him? I am not sure whether to put FW as first choice, then Handsworth Grammar?

I need help.... :(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sallygill wrote:Hi everyone

Well done to all!

Can I have some advice in terms of scores please? My son has scored 231, what are the chances of KEFW for him? I am not sure whether to put FW as first choice, then Handsworth Grammar?

I need help.... :(
Put the schools in the order in which you would genuinely want to be offered them. Your DS will be allocated his place at his highest-ranked (by you, on the CAF) school for which he qualifies. If you put the school with the traditionally lower requirement first and a place can be offered, that is what he will get. The system won't go, actually, this year with that score you could also have had your more prestigious second preference, so we'll give you that instead. The system assumes that you've read its accompanying guidelines and that what you say you want is actually what you want :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now