Does score matter for OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bepositive

Does score matter for OOC

Post by Bepositive »

Hi

My ds has passed the 11 plus but we are OOC. I know scores more than 121 is not important for bucks. What I want to know is, do they take the scores into account with the distance, when they consider OOC children?

Today one of the parents told me this ( her ds got in this year from OOC) and I just want to clarify.

Please share any information you have. :D

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Does score matter for OOC

Post by scary mum »

Score is irrelevant over 121 wherever you are byou just need to look at the admissions criteria. Where are you?
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

No they don't take score into consideration after you have reached the magic 121. Anything above that is irrelevant. Usually the next criteria is distance so, for example, if your child scored 150 and lived 12 miles away, a child who scored 121 and lived 10 miles away would be given preference. You will need to check the exact admission criteria details of the schools you are considering - but I am sure you have done this already, before you made your child sit for the test as an OOC candidate....
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Hi Scary mum

We are from Milton Keynes and are OOC for Royal Latin by 0.372 miles (1st round) and by 0.343 miles (2nd round) as per 2018. Children from far distance than us got the admission this year and that’s why I am asking this question.

Sorry I am trying to gather the information before I submit the application.

Thanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The allocation distances are likely to shrink as there are many houses being built in catchment. I hope you have got a good back-up plan? There are some great schools in MK.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Bepositive wrote:We are from Milton Keynes and are OOC for Royal Latin by 0.372 miles (1st round) and by 0.343 miles (2nd round) as per 2018.
Why are you trying to measure the distance from the edge of catchment? It has no relevance at all! The only distance that matters is from the school gates to your home.

Last year you need to be within around 8.1 miles to gain a place in the first round.
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Ok.

So we are 8.4 miles. Definitely out. :(

Sally Anne,
When will you find out the overall performance for this year’s test? Like, what percentage got the necessary scores?
Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bepositive wrote:Ok.

So we are 8.4 miles. Definitely out. :(

Sally Anne,
When will you find out the overall performance for this year’s test? Like, what percentage got the necessary scores?
Thanks
this thread gives the distances in the second allocation round https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=54212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Bucks exam passes the same percentage of children each year and the cutoff is fixed at 121 - won't have changed this year
Bepositive

Post by Bepositive »

Guest55 wrote:The allocation distances are likely to shrink as there are many houses being built in catchment. I hope you have got a good back-up plan? There are some great schools in MK.

Yes... We have one good school in our catchment - walking distance

But my ds really wanted to go for a grammar school ( his cousin goes to Dr. Challoners and he is the role model for my ds).
I’ve explained the distance and everything to my ds but he still thinks he can go :( He is an August child, so I believe he will understand it in the future.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now