Did all schools get the 11+ results a day earlier?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
leighmum

Did all schools get the 11+ results a day earlier?

Post by leighmum »

So I recall reading somewhere that your school gets the 11+ results on Monday, a day before the actual examinee. If true, why is that the case? What purpose does the school having knowing it before everyone else? How does it prevent select parents knowing a full 24 hours before everyone else? Or have i misread something in the past as I cannot find where i read it.
veryhopefulmum

Re: Did all schools get the 11+ results a day earlier?

Post by veryhopefulmum »

Because our results didn't arrive until 7pm last night I actually asked the head at our school and he said he'd been contacted a couple of weeks prior to tell him that due to data protection rule changes they wouldn't be sharing results with schools this year.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

My daughter's school knew the day before. I expected it to be because the school can then prepare for any negative/positive reactions from pupils and parents?
Mrsb_loves

Post by Mrsb_loves »

Leighmum2019 wrote:My daughter's school knew the day before. I expected it to be because the school can then prepare for any negative/positive reactions from pupils and parents?
We had an email from our LOS school asking parents to share their children’s raw scores and standardised score because due to a date protection reason CSSE would no longer be sharing this information with them.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Back in October 2012, parents who had decided not to allow the CSSE to share their DC's scores with their primary school were kicking themselves when their results emails didn't arrive due to problems with the guidance sheet being sent as an attachment. Not really a reason for the CSSE randomly to pass on results to third parties, of course, but just saying, as they say :) .

TBH, if the general feeling is that one's DC's scores are no business of the primary school's, I would be more annoyed by the primary school asking parents to share with them (presumably no-one will, on principle?).

(Not a primary beginning with W, by any chance?).

Btw, not sure how this
veryhopefulmum wrote:Because our results didn't arrive until 7pm last night I actually asked the head at our school and he said he'd been contacted a couple of weeks prior to tell him that due to data protection rule changes they wouldn't be sharing results with schools this year.
can be reconciled with this?
Leighmum2019 wrote:My daughter's school knew the day before. I expected it to be because the school can then prepare for any negative/positive reactions from pupils and parents?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Our school didn’t get them, something to do with gdpr
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I’m going to ask our head how he knew in advance- and I know he did as he congratulated DD before she told him.

The GDPR wouldn’t stop the CSSE sharing if parents give consent
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Nothing has been shared with schools this year due to the new data protection rules.
veryhopefulmum

Post by veryhopefulmum »

But I gave consent for it to be shared but due to GDPR the CSSE told the school they couldn't share them anymore.

Leighmum2019 - it does sound dubious if that's what happened at your primary school