2019 entry, score 225, any chance of Lawrence Sheriff

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

effort

2019 entry, score 225, any chance of Lawrence Sheriff

Post by effort »

Score 225 but outside of the priority circle. Can anyone give me some advice whether there is a chance for Lawrence Sheriff School for 2019 entry, if we don't move the home, please?
kenyancowgirl

Re: 2019 entry, score 225, any chance of Lawrence Sheriff

Post by kenyancowgirl »

LSS AQS was 209 last year and waiting list score of 205+ so you are well above that so I would imagine that you would be fairly high up an out of prioirty list.

Nobody can tell you for sure - you may not get an offer on 1st MArch but I would think you stand a good chance after that - can you easily access the school though?
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

In the previous two years, a score of 225 would have resulted in an offer for LSS on 1st March from outside of priority circles. Good luck.
effort

Post by effort »

Thanks, Kenyancowgirl and sportsforall.
We are living in Coventry and we can manage to send and pick up by car or We can use train (the school is very close to train station). However, there is a risk considering this year the scores are quite high. We can move home if we have to, but there is a lot of issues to deal with.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

225 is still ranked 748 which is a good ranking - scores may well have gone up a bit (comparing equivalent scores across from last year and their ranks) but you are still a long way up from the AQS. List it as your first choice, with some realistic alternatives below it, on your CAF and make sure you send that in before the Oct 31st deadline. Also make sure that you provide evidence of your address in a timely fashion - make sure you kepp your eye out for when WCC ask for the address information - last year a couple of people reported that they did not get asked for evidence and therefore did not get a place, because they had not provided it on time. In the literature you have been given already, WCC will say when they will ask for it (it is also on their website, I believe) so you can be prepared.
effort

Post by effort »

kenyancowgirl wrote:225 is still ranked 748 which is a good ranking - scores may well have gone up a bit (comparing equivalent scores across from last year and their ranks) but you are still a long way up from the AQS. List it as your first choice, with some realistic alternatives below it, on your CAF and make sure you send that in before the Oct 31st deadline. Also make sure that you provide evidence of your address in a timely fashion - make sure you kepp your eye out for when WCC ask for the address information - last year a couple of people reported that they did not get asked for evidence and therefore did not get a place, because they had not provided it on time. In the literature you have been given already, WCC will say when they will ask for it (it is also on their website, I believe) so you can be prepared.
Thanks for the advice, Kenyancowgirl.
I know that we will need to provide proof of address. I will set up a reminder in my calendar. If we don't have to move, it will be easy, but if we need to move then we will need to act quick.
gemgem

Post by gemgem »

effort wrote:Thanks, Kenyancowgirl and sportsforall.
We are living in Coventry and we can manage to send and pick up by car or We can use train (the school is very close to train station). However, there is a risk considering this year the scores are quite high. We can move home if we have to, but there is a lot of issues to deal with.
If you live in Coventry, try to find out whether you are inside the wider Easter priority wider circle? I think left side of ring road towards university.
If so, you should be safe in normal circumstances.

If not, there may be a risk.. we don't know how AQS is going to be this year. It seems there are many high scores this year due to the increase of maximum attainable score.
But you could move within Coventry (I mean rent out a place from December) with out much diversion from you existing logistics. Then after March/September, you could peacefully make a final decision.
effort

Post by effort »

gemgem wrote:
effort wrote:Thanks, Kenyancowgirl and sportsforall.
If you live in Coventry, try to find out whether you are inside the wider Easter priority wider circle? I think left side of ring road towards university.
If so, you should be safe in normal circumstances.

If not, there may be a risk.. we don't know how AQS is going to be this year. It seems there are many high scores this year due to the increase of maximum attainable score.
But you could move within Coventry (I mean rent out a place from December) with out much diversion from you existing logistics. Then after March/September, you could peacefully make a final decision.
Thanks, gemgem,
Thanks for the advice. It is a difficult decision.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now