Ashlawn MFL and Grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SalamS

Ashlawn MFL and Grammer

Post by SalamS »

Can some one please explain the difference in tuition between MFL and grammer at Ashlawn
Last edited by SalamS on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Ashlawn MFL and Grammer

Post by kenyancowgirl »

http://www.ashlawn.org.uk/Admissions-Policy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe have a look at all the documnets on their admissions page?

Did you not go to an Open Day before your child sat the 11+? I see that you are asking about LSS too? What information did you find out before sitting the 11+ or have you not bothered to go to any Open Days?
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

We visited there for a tour on Wednesday. The assistant head who showed us around explained that the grammar stream are top set for maths and english (at least to start with, children can move up and down over time), and that MFL entrants are also expected to be in a high set. I believe that both groups are expected to take 2 languages from year 7, whereas standard entry children can choose to take just 1. Apart from that, I don't believe there is a great deal of difference as to the rest of their school experience. The MFL stream is purely an additional selective entry method for families that can't access the school by the standard admission rules.

Happy to be corrected though as I don't have a child at the school, we're just considering it as one of our options.
SalamS

Post by SalamS »

I did not go to the open day
SalamS

Post by SalamS »

many Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now