wallington boys vs sutton grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PS2000

wallington boys vs sutton grammar

Post by PS2000 »

Dear Parents,

DS has met the eligibility criteria for both Sutton grammar and Wallington boys... Really appreciate your inputs in terms of preference between these two..

Commute wise they are similar ( sutron 20 mins drive where as Wallington is 12 mins)

Thanks in Advance
streathammum

Re: wallington boys vs sutton grammar

Post by streathammum »

Have a look at some of the other threads in this forum - there is a good one about sporting opportunities that touches on some of the differences between various schools.

Which is easier to get to on public transport? You won't want to be driving your son to and from school for 7 years.

Most importantly, will your son look better in a black blazer (WCGS) or can he pull off the delightful maroon of SGS?
PS2000

Post by PS2000 »

Thanks streathammum :)
Wingman100

Post by Wingman100 »

PS2000 wrote:Dear Parents,

DS has met the eligibility criteria for both Sutton grammar and Wallington boys... Really appreciate your inputs in terms of preference between these two..

Commute wise they are similar ( sutron 20 mins drive where as Wallington is 12 mins)

Thanks in Advance
PS2000,

I have one son at each school and posted a comparison around this time last year. I will see if I can find it and repost.

Good luck,
Wingman100

Post by Wingman100 »

PS2000 wrote:Dear Parents,

Thanks in Advance
PS 2000,

Here's my previous post............

All,

I have one son at SGS and one at WCGS. Both are excellent schools and neither of my sons would switch if they had the chance. I do not know a single parent at either school who is unhappy with their choice, both schools are great at creating a sense of loyalty and togetherness. I am not sure that the 2yr vs. 3 yr KS3 is a major issue, both schools seem to get excellent results at GSCE and both seem to have excellent teachers. From what I can see both schools also consistently produce mature (ish), well-balanced young men ready to face the big wide world.

I have already posted earlier about the differences between the schools, without re-posting word for word, it's worth thinking about:

- Journey time: Both schools are excellent so there would need to be a good reason to send them to the further school?
- Gut feel / fit: If one school felt better / more suitable for your son then it probably is.
- If you want a school with a more traditional head who has a track record of running the school well for years it's SGS, if you want a young head who is relatively new then it's WCGS.
- If your DS loves football it's SGS (they don't play rugby), if he loves rugby it's WCGS (they don't play football).
- If your DS loves cricket it's either as both schools play.
- If your DS loves swimming it's SGS (SGS have a pool, WCGS don't and do no swimming).
- If your DS loves Latin, take him to see a doctor, then send him to WCGS as Sutton don't do Latin.
- If burgundy blazers are your thing it's SGS, if you prefer black it's WCGS.

Good luck all with making a decision, if you are in the lucky position to have a decision to make then the hard part is done.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

:lol: that made me chuckle! Top post!!
4mykids

Post by 4mykids »

streathammum wrote:Most importantly, will your son look better in a black blazer (WCGS) or can he pull off the delightful maroon of SGS?
Finally, someone has dared broach the true dilemma facing parents and boys alike. :wink:

Bravo.
PS2000

Post by PS2000 »

Wingman100 wrote: PS 2000,

Here's my previous post............

All,

I have one son at SGS and one at WCGS. Both are excellent schools and neither of my sons would switch if they had the chance. I do not know a single parent at either school who is unhappy with their choice, both schools are great at creating a sense of loyalty and togetherness. I am not sure that the 2yr vs. 3 yr KS3 is a major issue, both schools seem to get excellent results at GSCE and both seem to have excellent teachers. From what I can see both schools also consistently produce mature (ish), well-balanced young men ready to face the big wide world.

I have already posted earlier about the differences between the schools, without re-posting word for word, it's worth thinking about:

- Journey time: Both schools are excellent so there would need to be a good reason to send them to the further school?
- Gut feel / fit: If one school felt better / more suitable for your son then it probably is.
- If you want a school with a more traditional head who has a track record of running the school well for years it's SGS, if you want a young head who is relatively new then it's WCGS.
- If your DS loves football it's SGS (they don't play rugby), if he loves rugby it's WCGS (they don't play football).
- If your DS loves cricket it's either as both schools play.
- If your DS loves swimming it's SGS (SGS have a pool, WCGS don't and do no swimming).
- If your DS loves Latin, take him to see a doctor, then send him to WCGS as Sutton don't do Latin.
- If burgundy blazers are your thing it's SGS, if you prefer black it's WCGS.

Good luck all with making a decision, if you are in the lucky position to have a decision to make then the hard part is done.
Many thanks Wingman1000.. Really helpful
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now