Advise on score of 113.33 for Woodford girls school?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Starlearner17

Advise on score of 113.33 for Woodford girls school?

Post by Starlearner17 »

Hi All, Can anyone advise whether my DD can get into Woodford for 113.33 score?
tahm563

Re: Advise on score of 113.33 for Woodford girls school?

Post by tahm563 »

Based on last three year's score, yes.
Starlearner17 wrote:Hi All, Can anyone advise whether my DD can get into Woodford for 113.33 score?
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Congrats :)

Is that a non-standardised score - if so, you may get a slightly higher 'standardised' score depending on your DC's birth date

In the past they used to give a ranking on the letter but not anymore so have to guess based on last year
shobnomm

Post by shobnomm »

Received DDs result this morning. She got 108.49. She was born in May 2008. Don't know how much hope to have. I found today one of last years girl receiving 108.66 got the Woodford place first week of September this year.

What are my DDs chances. Anyone kindly let me know.
raey1971

Post by raey1971 »

Congratulations!!!

Yes she will get in if you look at the previous years results.

My DD got a 114.83 but we live in Leytonstone. Does anyone know whether this is still part of the common catchment area? The map is confusing...there are 2 demarcations a brown one and a blue one. We are slightly outside the brown line but inside the blue line. Would this mean we are in? I tried calling Redbridge this morning but could not get through. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MAQ wrote:Congrats :)

Is that a non-standardised score - if so, you may get a slightly higher 'standardised' score depending on your DC's birth date

In the past they used to give a ranking on the letter but not anymore so have to guess based on last year
The reported scores for CEM exam are all standardised for age.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MAQ

Post by MAQ »

Yes, you're right, I misread
Bananas

Post by Bananas »

113 should be safe for an offer in first round in March.

The 108 score its harder to say, 2017 entry you would have been in and 2018 maybe last person in first week of September but the scores do seem to rise each year. Maybe ask Redbridge to provide anonymous scores as a Freedom of Information request and see what number you come. Remember offers go much higher than place 180 as out of area are put below in area and people go private / to other grammars. That may take a few weeks to get back. For a quicker guess ask how many got over 104, in 2017 entry it was 386, don't know about 2018 but see how much that is up / down. It is worth staying on waiting list after December, places do come up, my daughter left after a year as we changed areas.
Sundus

Post by Sundus »

raey1971 wrote:Congratulations!!!

Yes she will get in if you look at the previous years results.

My DD got a 114.83 but we live in Leytonstone. Does anyone know whether this is still part of the common catchment area? The map is confusing...there are 2 demarcations a brown one and a blue one. We are slightly outside the brown line but inside the blue line. Would this mean we are in? I tried calling Redbridge this morning but could not get through. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I am also confused with these dimensions as I am in Leyton same situation as you
Inside the brown area... is that include in common area. Please reply
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now