Proof of address for child

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
darkmuseuk

Re: Proof of address for child

Post by darkmuseuk »

guest201 wrote:My son has a building society account in his name which I used for his proof of address, there is no minimum age on the account and it was acceptable albeit 3 years ago.
Mine have Nationwide passbook accounts, but I don't think they get statements sent to them or anything. Can I just photocopy that :)
snow white

Post by snow white »

Nationwide printed me something off when I popped into my local branch last year and that was fine.
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

That’s v helpful thanks as I’m also with NW! I’ll go into the branch and ask what they can provide.
Grammary

Post by Grammary »

My DC opened a Lloyds account at the age of 10. Saturday morning appointment in Stratford branch with instant letter showing child's name and address. Our GP is fully occupied with patients and I'm sure wouldn't have wanted proof of address requests on top of their in tray of health-related correspondence.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

darkmuseuk wrote:
guest201 wrote:My son has a building society account in his name which I used for his proof of address, there is no minimum age on the account and it was acceptable albeit 3 years ago.
Mine have Nationwide passbook accounts, but I don't think they get statements sent to them or anything. Can I just photocopy that :)
I sent a photocopy of the page with name and address on, it was accepted
snow white

Post by snow white »

Can I just clarify if they need the Council Tax bill earlier than 31 December this year? I only have a grammar school on my CAF. Is it the Council Tax bill by 31 Oct and the other proof by 31 December? Thank you, I’ve confused myself?!?
MLW

Post by MLW »

They want council tax bill by 31st October but they will request further proof of address in December. They will write out to everyone in December usually with the deadline of 31st December. I have known DC not be offered their preferred schools on March 1st for missing this deadline or not realising the importance of providing the requested information in the given time so it’s probably wise to identify now which evidence you’ll submit. It almost feels as if the DCs have handed over the baton and the next bits are the parents section of the test :?
snow white

Post by snow white »

Righty ho, thank you. I have everything I need, just hadn’t realised the date for Council Tax bill submission was 31 October. Will email that across next week. Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

snow white wrote:Can I just clarify if they need the Council Tax bill earlier than 31 December this year? I only have a grammar school on my CAF. Is it the Council Tax bill by 31 Oct and the other proof by 31 December? Thank you, I’ve confused myself?!?
With 226 in an uncertain year, only having one grammar school on your CAF may not be the wisest move. I note you were considering KES or AGS and am assuming from what you said in an earlier thread that you have plumped for AGS - yes KES is unlikely but if you can afford the space, list it as number 1 with AGS in second spot - if you do not meet the criteria for KES the Council will consider AGS "as if it were your first choice" - this is the equal preference system - you lose nothing by putting KES first, except a chance at KES....I would also just put a ctachment school in 3rd - just in case your paperwork goes missing or something - at least you have a school whilst they sort it out!
snow white

Post by snow white »

Ok thank you, will do. Although I suspect with 226 we might not even make the waiting list for KES this year. His older brother goes, so is quite happy going somewhere else!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now