Chelmsford coach service

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nickib

Chelmsford coach service

Post by Nickib »

Hi everyone. DD will be sitting the 11+ for For Chelmsford girls grammar in September. I just wondered if anyone currently uses the coach service from Goodmayes to Chelmsford & how much it costs. Thanks
Proudmumregardless

Re: Chelmsford coach service

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Can't they get the train in? Much quicker and means they can participate in extra curricular activities after school
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

We’re thinking that the coach would be an easier option for us. On days where she might have extra curricular activities I could pick her up. That just isn’t feasible for every day as I also have a younger child.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://public.greenrailtravel.co.uk/sc ... eason.html

Just in case you change your mind :) . It's £391 for the term, for a ticket that can be used any day, any time, from the first to the last day of its validity.

Goodmayes to Chelmsford looks like a forty minute journey (change at Shenfield, dead easy, just follow the right kilts :) ), but I suppose it depends on how close you are to the station at your end. Ours would definitely be on a train rather than in a private coach on the A12, however.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Thanks. Getting to a station or pick up point in the morning isn’t a problem. We still have time, but just looking at all options. Thanks for your advice.
resrtr

Post by resrtr »

Nickib wrote:Thanks. Getting to a station or pick up point in the morning isn’t a problem. We still have time, but just looking at all options. Thanks for your advice.
My son does the train commute from Romford area, 'dead easy' and highly recommended. Also, less tiring than the coach and also made lots of train friends.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now