Waiting for results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SofiaCerano

Re: Waiting for results

Post by SofiaCerano »

Ooh I’ve not heard that. I know a record number of girls took the test but not heard numbers on the girls who’ve passed. In my DD’s class, more girls passed the 11+, and out of the girls who passed both, my DD is the only one who’s putting Upton as her first choice. So I hope it’s not true
Lellabella

Post by Lellabella »

Thank you for your reply, I feel a little better now!

Just thinking we should have given the 11 plus a go as well but we only want Upton so it seemed a waste of time
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

I think most girls who pass both will choose either wirral or west Kirby. My daughter wanted Upton from day one and I said if she passed both she could choose. How far are you from Upton? We’re about 2 miles from Upton and 3 from Wirral.
Lellabella

Post by Lellabella »

Same I worked it out before and it’s just over 2 miles but Upton admission procedures say after religion it goes on highest test scores so that’s why I was worried about the score of 244.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

244 is a great score. Have many of your daughters friends passed? In our school more girls passed the 11+ than Upton this year.
Lellabella

Post by Lellabella »

Yes about 8 of them passed Upton with much higher scores than my DD and 5 of them are putting Upton even though they passed 11 plus as well.

How many passed Upton in your school do you know?
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

I think about 8. Four of those will choose Wirral because they passed both, so I think 4, including my DD will choose Upton.
Lellabella

Post by Lellabella »

Just this anxious wait now until March 1st!!
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

The girls that I know that took Upton and 11 plus are choosing Upton, that's about 4 girls (all Catholic), the rest which is not many are putting Wirral 1st choice not sure on anyone putting West Kirby but that's probably because we are closer to Wirral. Another long wait now :roll:
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

ClaireF wrote:Hi, does anyone know if the passmael was lowered. It seems children needed 84% to pass however when my dd sat exam at Wirral Grammar they were told it was a 70% pass mark ? She got 79%
From my understanding its almost impossible to know what the raw score was due to standardisation of the test and also the age of the child, for example my daughter is September born so would not have had any adjustment for her age but could have been adjustment of the test itself as I believe it was an even harder exam this year. So if they get 236 or above they are grammar standard, I recall the head at Wirral at open evening in September said need around 66% to pass. I know at least one child who got 234 and will appeal.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now