Moving to Marlow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Smart123

Moving to Marlow

Post by Smart123 »

Hi
Can someone help me please as DC cleared the bucks test but we are not in catchment.we are planning to move Marlow to get Willam Borlas school but it's not possible before 31 October.what is the possibility
Thank you
Last edited by Smart123 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Re: Moving to Marlow

Post by Guest55 »

I doubt you will get a place as it is usually full on March 1st and not all catchment got a place. What is the back-up plan if you don't get a GS place? Great Marlow?

You need to read this: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ing-house/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amber

Post by Amber »

Smart123 wrote:Another question is if we are moving then DC can't complete year 6 in his old school right.but he is okay with that .
How do you plan to educate him for the rest of his primary school days?
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Thanks for reply
We are planning to move december2018.Not December 2019.in that case our application will go for 1st round allocation or not.thank you .Any advice much appreciated.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Smart123 wrote:Thanks for reply
We are planning to move december2018.Not December 2019.in that case our application will go for 1st round allocation or not.thank you .Any advice much appreciated.
I think the specific paragraph that Guest55 was trying to guide you to in the link they provided was this one:

. What to do if you are moving house

If you move after you have applied, you must give us evidence of this.

For the first round of allocations you need to provide evidence to show that you have moved and are already living in your new home by 31 October 2018 so we can use your new address when we consider your school preferences. 

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

As mentioned above, you need to read this where it clearly states that you must move before 31October. I'm not sure where 31 December has come from?
ETA: cross posts!
Last edited by scary mum on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

According to your earlier posts (this week), you were hoping for Burnham grammar and before that, Herschel. Have you made concrete plans to move house? I wonder where your son will complete his primary education?
Smart123

Post by Smart123 »

Hi..Thanks for the reply ..As I should clear here some of the queries I am asking on behalf of my other friends as well whose DC cleared the different test but they are not on this forum .Thank you for the help .
Amber

Post by Amber »

Smart123 wrote:Hi..Thanks for the reply ..As I should clear here some of the queries I am asking on behalf of my other friends as well whose DC cleared the different test but they are not on this forum .Thank you for the help .
Ah so there are multiple people you know all in the same position of having made their children sit the Bucks test and then hoping to move into the county some time before December to take up places in various grammar schools, while not having any plans to attend primary schools. Have I got that right?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Your story isn’t credible and neither are your plans. It’s clear from this and your previous posts that you’re playing the system to get a grammar school place at any cost, even taking your child out of primary education for the best part of a school year. You won’t be getting any advice on how to play the system from me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now