Trafford Consortium Results (Entry 2019)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pumpkin Pie

Re: Trafford Consortium Results Date

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Thought results were not to be posted on here!
Trafford32

Post by Trafford32 »

For Stretford, is there no right to local review if you are more than 10 marks below 334?

The only option given on the letter is local authority appeal after 1 March 2019.
Betan0711

Post by Betan0711 »

She was within 10 marks. We have the offer of a local review in the letter from the school.
Trafford32

Post by Trafford32 »

Apologies, I meant my daughter. We were not given the option of local review.
Betan0711

Post by Betan0711 »

It's all so confusing!
Brainfreeze

Post by Brainfreeze »

Pumpkin Pie wrote:Thought results were not to be posted on here!
Were they not? Is that an etiquette thing or a forum rule?

My DD got the results she wanted. Passed SGS with 345 and AGGS with 336.

Some astounding results on here - well done to all DCs whether they passed or not. I didn’t have to go through entrance exams when I was young and am full of admiration for those that do. It’s not easy to put yourself out there without a guarantee of success at any age - especially at 10 years old.
mayday

Post by mayday »

I think the standardised scores reflect the preparation level/ intellect of the cohort who ‘took’ each test, ie a different set of children are considered for each school as not everyone ticks every box to apply for each school. At least that’s what I took from the info on the Stretford grammar FAQ sheet (on their website).
SarahAns

Post by SarahAns »

Hi everyone

We have also received a local review form as our daughter scored 324 for SGS.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has been through this procedure and if there is any hope for our daughter.

Well done to those who's children passed today.

:) :)
Mamabear2008

Post by Mamabear2008 »

Hi, my daughter scored 329 Stretford and was offered a local review. She got 319 for the other 3 schools. She only managed to finish the non verbal sections and left about 5 questions in each sections so was very worried getting the results.

Not sure how to go about the review.

She did manage to pass Loreto and is in CAT 4, Loreto is her 1st choice so praying she gets in.
minecraftmum

Post by minecraftmum »

My DS scored 333 last year at Stretford and 331 for Urmston, received the local review slip. We weren't successful despite head teacher support letter, end of year 5 test results and predicted SATS at greater depth. Didn't proceed with the statutory appeal as these are much harder to win plus waiting a further 6 weeks to find the local review was stressful enough (came through end of November). Not really sure what the schools are looking for as DS Head did a letter for pupil the year before (2016) who scored 8 points less and was successful, last year we have friends who DD missed Urmston by 6 points and got in (they did have a sibling there) no real extenuating circumstance though. Our letter stated 272 pupils who scored within 10 points appeal last year.

We are blessed with good comps in Trafford, my DS is thriving in his secondary school infact had his first parents meeting last week, based on his first term assessment predicted to get a mixture of 7 & 8 in GSCE's.

I would give it a go as you never know and would always be wondering what if? Good Luck.