North Cestrian

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
deltamum

North Cestrian

Post by deltamum »

Any feedback on North Cestrian? Struggling to find GCSE result info plus some insight from parents would be helpful! Why did you choose it over Wellington or anywhere else?
Thanks in advance.
Chechi_master

Re: North Cestrian

Post by Chechi_master »

@deltamum - thx I had exact same question . It will be good to know any recent feedback from the parents for both schools. I went to NCS open day and they mentioned the result this year is best for any non grammer school in trafford. I couldn't find any external reference to verify. Based on our location ,We are considering NCS or Wellington as our sixth option after five grammar schools . Not sure which one to choose.

Also interested to hear if any of these two schools are a better option than Stratford or Urmston? It will be quite a bit commute from Altrincham to go to Urmston or Stratford . So if these non grammer schools are on par or better than might stay local if our daughter did not pass AGSG or Sale or Loreto?
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

You could also consider Knutsford High and Lymm High is on your door step.
walidal

Post by walidal »

deltamum wrote:Any feedback on North Cestrian? Struggling to find GCSE result info plus some insight from parents would be helpful! Why did you choose it over Wellington or anywhere else?
Thanks in advance.
Bear in mind that it is sometimes the school that chooses you rather than you choosing the school. Wellington last year acceptance stopped at 1.12miles. So if you are, say 3 miles, then you have no chance. In this case, on top of searching for performances, check on admission categories set by school websites, hearsay of parents already at school, future plans of school (e.g NCS is now part of an academy with AGSB) etc etc
deltamum

Post by deltamum »

Thanks for the reply. We are less than a mile from Wellington so I guess we would get in. We have made a decision now and my daughter is very happy with her choice based on which one she feels is right for her. Both are good schools and we are lucky to have the choice. Thanks again.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now