What if i forget to register in Slough Consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
adnanabid

What if i forget to register in Slough Consortium

Post by adnanabid »

Hi

By mistake i missed registering my son in Slough but Reading Boys i clicked that check box to take my Son's results and consider us for Slough.
It was just a confusion.

Now i didn't received any Slough results and realized, any option to ask Slough people now?
rhiane

Re: What if i forget to register in Slough Consortium

Post by rhiane »

Do you mean you registered for Reading Boys and sat the test but didn't check the box for sharing with Slough?

If so I dont think you can do anything, this is from The Slough Consortium FAQ page

PLEASE NOTE: Scores cannot be retrospectively shared if this hadn’t been requested at the time of registration.

Was his score high enough for Reading?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You have to had registered with both Reading and the Slough consortium separately. You then state on both registrations where you intend your DC to take the test.

It’s too late now, there is nothing you can do. Scores cannot be shared retrospectively. All the schools make this very clear in their admissions pages.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

This explains the last-minute scramble for a place in Bucks then.

OP, did you read any guidance in any of the areas you applied to befor your son sat multiple tests?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Tinkers wrote:You have to had registered with both Reading and the Slough consortium separately. You then state on both registrations where you intend your DC to take the test.

It’s too late now, there is nothing you can do. Scores cannot be shared retrospectively. All the schools make this very clear in their admissions pages.
You're quite right, a few years ago (2014) it was a case of just ticking the box, (I think?) now you have to actually register for both.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

rhiane wrote:
Tinkers wrote:You have to had registered with both Reading and the Slough consortium separately. You then state on both registrations where you intend your DC to take the test.

You're quite right, a few years ago (2014) it was a case of just ticking the box, (I think?) now you have to actually register for both.
Yes it changed from the ‘one form and tick the box’ last year. It caught out a few parents, but having seen the admissions pages and the online form it is quite clear you need to register separately.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I would imagine that the intention is for CEM to have a definitive 'This is our cohort of candidates' list for each school.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
adnanabid

Post by adnanabid »

Thanks Everyone!

There was a confusion in my end, i did apply in Slough Consortium but didn't received any email from them for my kids Scores.

I went back on links and i can see his scores.

My Sony Got 117.34 for Reading , which is our first choice & 127 in Slough.

Do you think 117.34 is safe marks for Reading?

Adnan
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

You should be fine for Reading.