Bucks Accepting CAF now and Move in Catchment in Sep 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
adnanabid

Bucks Accepting CAF now and Move in Catchment in Sep 2019

Post by adnanabid »

Hi

Another question, Any Bucks School accept moving date at start of school or in March / April? 2019

Do i need to move now? Or i can choose School which is open to accept preference on CAF and i will get some time to move in their catchment before starting school in Sep or By April June time?

Basically i don't want to miss this seat but very difficult to do all the arrangement now.

Adnan
mad?

Re: Bucks Accepting CAF now and Move in Catchment in Sep 201

Post by mad? »

No, no Bucks school would do this. They are catchment schools and the test designed to select a percentage of the local populations, not people from all over the country who claim to plan to move. I imagine you knew this already from your research but were hoping there was an exception but there is not. The system is not designed to allow people to move and displace local children. Although sadly the very act of 11+ tourism does precisely this anyway. Indeed it is worth remembering that until recently one had to complete and submit the CAF before DC had sat the test (oh the halcyon days) which if nothing else, must have saved the average tax payer a fortune!

SO yes, you need to move next week, and get your council tax, child benefit and everything else that it says on the admissions website of the school you are applying to ready by 31st October. Other wise you can move later and hope to get in on the 2nd or 3rd round, or not, as the case may be.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

You seem to have asked this twice. The time to think about moving was several months ago when you decided that you wanted your child to attend a Bucks grammar school. It is too late now & you would be very lucky indeed to get a place in later rounds.
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

You can keep asking the same questions and you’ll get the same answers. You’re far too late to be considering this. You should have committed to Bucks schools instead of hedging your bets applying to Bucks, Slough and Reading (any others?).

It’s supposed to be difficult to do all the arrangements now. The deadlines are designed to stop people playing games like this. The time to do all the arrangements was months ago. If you do move to Bucks in the hope of getting a place in a later round (which is risky), what are you going to do with your son for the rest of year six? Have you secured a primary place for him in Bucks?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

I've just replied to you post in the Berks Forum about forgetting to tick the 'share results with Slough' box on the application box.

I did feel sorry for you, not so much now as it sounds like you didn't do any research before your DS taking the exams! never a good idea.