Transport to KEGs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
boysmum61

Transport to KEGs

Post by boysmum61 »

Hi all,
My DS will be going to KEGS September (2019) hopefully ... just thinking about the means of transport for him. I know the school bus picks them from Basildon town centre but am looking for an alternative transport from either pitsea or Beenfleet to Chelmsford.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thank you.
ToadMum

Re: Transport to KEGs

Post by ToadMum »

boysmum61 wrote:Hi all,
My DS will be going to KEGS September (2019) hopefully ... just thinking about the means of transport for him. I know the school bus picks them from Basildon town centre but am looking for an alternative transport from either pitsea or Beenfleet to Chelmsford.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thank you.
Train to Basildon then First route 100
Train to Basildon then First route X10 (more expensive). Both to Chelmsford Bus station, then a few minutes walk via Duke Street and Broomfield Road.

The Arrow Taxis service 3 (16 seater minibus) goes right up to KEGS, but you would have to find somewhere to link up with it.

https://bustimes.org/services/set_5-3-_-y08

(Ignore the 'Broomfield Hospital - Dengie' label :lol: and make sure you search on a school term weekday, otherwise the first bus shown will be the 09.15 from Southend).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
boysmum61

Post by boysmum61 »

Thanks very much for such useful information.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's a much easier journey to Southend or Westcliff.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Guest55 wrote:It's a much easier journey to Southend or Westcliff.
I have to say, I thought that... :) . The 3 is very reliable these days, though, since Arrow took over the route at Christmas last year when Regal dropped it. It's like a little social club on the first Chelmsford bound run of the day and we're all on first name terms with the driver. (Unfortunately, the darker mornings take a bit of getting used to, also the 'bus' not actually being bus shaped. I only stuck my hand out for one high top transit van last week, though and mercifully, the driver decided to ignore me :lol: ).

Sorry, OP, this may not actually be much help. Regal Busways did used to run a service from Cancer to Chelmsford, but I don't think anyone else has taken that one on.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx