School advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wigham22

School advice

Post by Wigham22 »

I am looking for some wisdom. We feel very lucky to have options and I dont want this to be a grammer versus non grammer arguement I’m just interested to hear if other people are in the same boat. We can’t decide whether we should put Wallington grammar (this above Sutton due to Rugby and ease to get too about 30mins on public transport) or our local outstanding state school which has good opportunities in music/sport and art first on the CAF form.

My son would properly say the local school as he won’t be going to a Wallington with any of his friends. Our gut feels Wallington but not sure why.

Thank you in advance.
4mykids

Re: School advice

Post by 4mykids »

Wigham22 wrote:I am looking for some wisdom. We feel very lucky to have options and I dont want this to be a grammer versus non grammer arguement I’m just interested to hear if other people are in the same boat. We can’t decide whether we should put Wallington grammar (this above Sutton due to Rugby and ease to get too about 30mins on public transport) or our local outstanding state school which has good opportunities in music/sport and art first on the CAF form.

My son would properly say the local school as he won’t be going to a Wallington with any of his friends. Our gut feels Wallington but not sure why.

Thank you in advance.
This is a purely personal choice.

I would assume that a majority of people who had gone through the process of applying to a Grammar School and taking the test would go down that route given the choice, but ultimately, it's a decision for you and your son to make.

You have mentioned a few factors such as traveling time, friend and rugby, and only you will know how important each one is to you.

In the case of friends, your son would make new ones if we went to Wallington and there is no reason he couldn’t keep in touch with close friends from his primary school, but again this would have to be your decision.

Maybe make a list of the pros and cons of going to each school and see which one wins out?

Not much help I know, but be assured that there is no wrong answer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now