House move to Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hello198012

House move to Bucks

Post by hello198012 »

Dear Members,
I currently Live in another county where there is no good secondary school. I would like to move to Bucks for the better grammar schools. I have 2 DC who are in year 5 and year 2 now.

My house move is genuine as I move both DC to a primary school in Bucks.

Could you kindly helps me with the below queries please.

1) Will I get placement for 2 primary seats (hopefully on the same school)
2) What is the chance of getting a good primary school of our choice?
Tinkers

Re: House move to Bucks

Post by Tinkers »

Does it have to be Bucks?

Reason I ask is you’ll need a back up plan for if they don’t actually qualify for GS and in Bucks that’s an upper school as they don’t have comprehensives at all. You’ll need to check that the local Upper School situation as well as primaries, as some are better than others.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

There is no county in England without an outstanding school.

If you move to Bucks then what is the back-up plan if your daughters do not qualify? There are no comprehensive schools.
hello198012

Post by hello198012 »

Guest55 wrote:There is no county in England without an outstanding school.

If you move to Bucks then what is the back-up plan if your daughters do not qualify? There are no comprehensive schools.
Apologies. What I meant was, there is no good state secondary schools where I live. Our catchment school is extremely poor.

There is an Outstanding school out of our catchment and we are 100% sure we will not get the placement there. Our County doesn't allow us to move near that school unless I sell my property (some strange policy).
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You'll need to sell up anyway if you move as you need to have cut ties with previous address. I would not move to Bucks now knowing what I do - we did not have a child when we moved here.
hello198012

Post by hello198012 »

Guest55 wrote:You'll need to sell up anyway if you move as you need to have cut ties with previous address. I would not move to Bucks now knowing what I do - we did not have a child when we moved here.
Sorry, this is news to me. I thought I can rent out my current house and rent a house in Bucks.

As we move the kids now itself to the primary, I thought this shouldn't be an issue.

Cutting ties applies only when we move after 2019 September (in time for the CAF)

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Depends which school you want and how far away you are from where you move to.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Where do you currently live and where in Bucks are you looking to move to?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

1) Will I get placement for 2 primary seats (hopefully on the same school)
2) What is the chance of getting a good primary school of our choice?
I think you are asking questions that no-one can answer. How would people know if there are primary places available in year 2 & 5? You need to decide where you want to live & ask Bucks County Council whether there are spaces. Are you looking to move straight away, or next September? Many places will be full for this year & you may (or may not, I have no idea) have trouble finding two mid year places at good primary schools.
scary mum
hello198012

Post by hello198012 »

anotherdad wrote:Where do you currently live and where in Bucks are you looking to move to?
Guest55 wrote:Depends which school you want and how far away you are from where you move to.
Many Thanks. Looking for JHGS or RGS and the distance between these schools and where I live is 19 miles (As the crow flies)

Should I need to sell the house or can I rent it out please?

I am planning to move before christmas this year.