Comparision Aylesbury, Becky's and Dr Challenors High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rvajinap24

Comparision Aylesbury, Becky's and Dr Challenors High School

Post by rvajinap24 »

Dear All,

My daughter has cleared Buckinghamshire test. If we have to compare Aylesbury, Beaconsfield (Becky's) and Dr Challenors High School for girls, I can't see much difference if I compare via http://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site.

1) Please suggest which is better and their specializations (e.g Maths or Science) and support each school provides for the kids.

2) I am aware that we need to move Becky's by October 31st, how about Aylesbury School. Is it 30th September or October 31st ? Please suggest.

3) If we move in the last week of October (this month), how do we need to fill CAF form when my primary daughter School is in Hertfordshire? I won't be able to move by end of this month.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Rvajinap
hermanmunster

Re: Comparision Aylesbury, Becky's and Dr Challenors High Sc

Post by hermanmunster »

You need to complete the CAF in the LEA you are living in at the end of October. Bear in mind that it will need to be a permanent address and you will have no remaining attachment to your old house (tricky to manage by Oct 31st)
rvajinap24

Post by rvajinap24 »

Thanks, LEA stands for?

I am vacating my current place before end of this month (notice already given) that is sorted, found houses near these schools, I need to finalize by tomorrow to close our confusion, close a place to move in. Any help to choose between these is appreciated.

Beaconsfield seems to an expensive place, please give us compassion between Aylesbury and Dr Challenors High School for girls.

Regards,
Rvajinap.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which did your daughter like best when she visited them?

Personally I would not choose any of them.
rvajinap24

Post by rvajinap24 »

Please explain reason for not choosing anyone of this school.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

rvajinap24 wrote:Thanks, LEA stands for?

Local Education Authority - you need to complete the Common Application form
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just to clarify, it's the form of the local authority where you pay your Council Tax (rather than where your DC attends primary school, although for most people, this will be the same).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

rvajinap24 wrote:Please explain reason for not choosing anyone of this school.
Because it is coming across that you know nothing about them, other than they are grammar schools, and yet you want us to help you to decide which one to move near to. By tomorrow. You can see how ridiculous that is, can't you?

As Guest55 asked, what did you and your daughter think when you visited them? Please tell me you've visited them...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So where will your daughter go to school for the rest of year 6 if you move near "Becky's" or one of the other schools? You won't be able to keep both houses.
I would have thought that this is the sort of research to be done a year ago rather than on 22nd October when the deadline is 31st October. How can strangers on the internet tell you the best school for your DD when we don't know her? It sounds a little as though you want one of these schools simply because they are grammar schools. Did she sit other exams as well?
(Typo edited)
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Never mind, which secondary school did the child like best when she visited them all?, how does she feel about leaving her current primary school as soon as she goes back after half term? I hope her friends will have time to give her a good send off.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx