slough grammar schools admissions living in reading

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary parents

slough grammar schools admissions living in reading

Post by scary parents »

hi can anyone let me know whether DS can get a place in slough grammar school for score 118 living in reading area. Is there any link to check the exact miles slough grammar schools are away from reading home address please share.

Any suggestions on what can be my priorities in CAF as the deadline is approaching.
Tinkers

Re: slough grammar schools admissions living in reading

Post by Tinkers »

This gives you info on previous years.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However a word of warning, Herschel have introduced a inner 4 mile radius area this year, and this is likely to affect both Herschel and Upton Court allocations.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary parents wrote:hi can anyone let me know whether DS can get a place in slough grammar school for score 118 living in reading area. Is there any link to check the exact miles slough grammar schools are away from reading home address please share.

Any suggestions on what can be my priorities in CAF as the deadline is approaching.
Try asking the Slough Admissions team?

http://www.slough.gov.uk/downloads/A-pa ... v10118.pdf

Admissions and Transport Team 01753 875728
lines open 10.00am to 5.30pm Wednesday and
Friday.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary parents

Post by scary parents »

thanks Tinkers for quick reply.

does that mean 'Herschel: rank down to 115, distance down to 8.066 miles' people got a seat until rank down to 115 and distance down to 8.066 miles and not beyond that..?

will that mean my DS will not get a seat in Herschel and similarly other schools in slough..?
scary parents

Post by scary parents »

thanks ToadMum
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary parents wrote:will that mean my DS will not get a seat in Herschel and similarly other schools in slough..?
That depends on precisely where you live, which no-one else can help you with, and on whether the pattern of last year is repeated, which others have already commented on/explained to you and no-one can predict. Long and short of it is that it looks like a long shot at the very best, but then I imagine you realised that when you decided to embark on this process in the first place?
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

scary parents wrote:thanks Tinkers for quick reply.

does that mean 'Herschel: rank down to 115, distance down to 8.066 miles' people got a seat until rank down to 115 and distance down to 8.066 miles and not beyond that..?

will that mean my DS will not get a seat in Herschel and similarly other schools in slough..?
It means that no one has a crystal ball and can easily predict what is going to happen this time with the Slough allocations.
scary parents

Post by scary parents »

thank you bu still unable to understand what needs to be done. by when do i need to move into slough for better chances..?

how is the distance calculated from the slough schools to my home address...? i could not find slough GIS to find this out

can anyone share this information..?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I think you need to move by the end of this month, and it has to be a proper move, not just renting a flat to get the postcode.
scary parents

Post by scary parents »

Ok.
Any other suggestions.

Is the distance calculated using Google map or any other means..?