2019 second schoolonline application--supporting information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
goodluck1973

2019 second schoolonline application--supporting information

Post by goodluck1973 »

hello everybody, I am doing the online application now. when I was putting preferred school, the system ask me if there are any supporting information/documents.

does anyone know if I should upload anything? I have no idea what to put on. my son had a good 11+ test result and MFL test result. do I need to mention that?

please can someone help. thank you
KenR

Re: 2019 second schoolonline application--supporting informa

Post by KenR »

goodluck1973 wrote:hello everybody, I am doing the online application now. when I was putting preferred school, the system ask me if there are any supporting information/documents.

does anyone know if I should upload anything? I have no idea what to put on. my son had a good 11+ test result and MFL test result. do I need to mention that?

please can someone help. thank you
Presumably proof of address?
MLW

Post by MLW »

You need to submit a copy of your 18/19 council tax bill with your CAF.
goodluck1973

Post by goodluck1973 »

yes proof of address, Council tax bill definitely.

but I mean for each school preference, for example if I apply ashlawn, do I need upload the MFL test result letter?
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

No they have a record of results. What did your dc get in mfl?
goodluck1973

Post by goodluck1973 »

thanks, my son got 446 and 90th percentile(don't even know what this mean) but our first choice is Lss

so in other words, I don't need put on supporting document other thank Council tax bill.

this application make me nervous of missing anything.
FelixJ1

Post by FelixJ1 »

You don’t need to add results for 11 plus or mfl as they hold these already and can marry up with your application.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Is there a separate question where you are invited to give reasons for the preference?

If not, this is probably what it is for.
Section 86 1(b) of the School Standards & Framework Act says that parents must be given the opportunity to state any reasons for their preference. (Most parents leave the answer blank, and most answers are ignored anyway because they have nothing to do with the admission rules!)

For example, some schools have a social/medical oversubscription rule. This part of the form would be where a parent could provide appropriate information and evidence from professionals.

Of course, there might be a separate question about social/medical issues.

I haven't got the form in front of me, so I'm only speculating.
Etienne
Mumofgirls

Post by Mumofgirls »

I didn’t add proof of address here I just emailed a copy of the council tax bill to the email address in the instructions. Have I done it wrong?
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

Mumofgirls wrote:I didn’t add proof of address here I just emailed a copy of the council tax bill to the email address in the instructions. Have I done it wrong?
I found it a terribly confusing system. I attached a copy of my council tax bill to every application because I couldn't see a place to add it more generally. Then realised afterwards that you simply have to email it to the council afterwards, with no confirmation that they have received it or that it is a valid document. They have the option to upload documents, why not just let you attach the council tax bill there? Or, you know, look in their own system like they did when I obtained a copy last week!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now