Travel from Solihull to KES Stratford

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GBB

Travel from Solihull to KES Stratford

Post by GBB »

Hi
Looking for some advice from those that have kids travelling from Solihull to KES Stratford. How do they find the journey time?
I’m gathering it’s around an hour on the Johnsons bus. Are there any problems you have come across with the transport?
We are trying to decide between Camphill boys which has a shorter travel time and KES Stratford which we love but are put off due to the distance.
Any advice and input would be gratefully received!
Thank you.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Travel from Solihull to KES Stratford

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Tbh, every family we know who lived in Solihull in 2 separate school years, have moved either into Stratford or just outside, which has significantly cut the journey time. My boys regularly don’t finish until after 5.30pm due to effectively compulsory activities (eg rugby training if you are in the team etc) so that would be a long day - if there was a bus they could still access with their bus pass at that time. As they get older and take on prefect responsibility, finish times can be after 8/8.30 regularly.
GBB

Post by GBB »

Thank you Kenyancowgirl.
Am I correct in thinking your son is currently at KES?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

You are correct in thinking my two sons are at KES.
snow white

Post by snow white »

I would agree that it’s the after and out of school bits that need to be carefully considered. Our DS started at KES in September and we pick him up twice a week due to after school activities (Rugby and Fencing). His bus pass isn’t valid for later buses, but we could pay extra to use it. In addition, we have been to several talks/meetings which require travel to school out of hours. I personally think it’s really nice as parents to be able to attend the social bits as well as any necessary talks. My DS also likes being able to do the after school clubs. In addition I’ve had to pick him up when he was unwell as well as after a school trip. Clearly Solihull isn’t a million miles away, but I would give it serious consideration as you all don’t want to miss out or have a headache due to logistics and that’s even before you add in the traffic! Good luck, but on the plus side a nice decision to have to make!
GBB

Post by GBB »

Thank you all for your advice and input. It’s very appreciated :D