Raw scores for kent test this year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ergo

Raw scores for kent test this year

Post by ergo »

Just wanted to know if anyone had the raw score for kent test. Curious to know what equated to 140 this year - to get some idea of the actual pass mark expected. I know it changes each year depending on the age of child and ability of cohort taking test, but would be grateful for anyone who has this info. Have got my child's raw scores as figures but not the total possible raw score for each paper.
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Hi Ergo

I believe that the number of questions in each test are as follows

VR 80
NVR 72
M 50

Hope this is the info you were looking for.
Robbo

raw score

Post by Robbo »

Hi Ergo,

i asked the same question a little while ago (when dd took the test) and was told it is about 50% of the actual test, i.e. 40 out of 80 etc.

We were equally surprised that it was relatively low.
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Hi Robbo

I think you may find that the pass mark is about 50% but to get 140 it is considerably higher, ie about 75% ish. The following is information from my son's school's website:
The Kent Tests – Information for Parents
The maximum score in any of the Kent PESE tests is 140, but this does not equate to 100%.
Historically, the score of 140 equates to approximately 75% on any one test.
A minimum selective score of 120 equates to approximately 50%. The tests are in:
Verbal Reasoning (80 questions)
Non-Verbal Reasoning (72 questions)
Mathematics (50 questions)
Figures are approximate because older children in the year group needed to gain a slightly
higher % than this, whilst younger children could gain a slightly lower %. In addition, there is
a variation from year to year.
Regards

Sam's Mum
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Having read your post again, I think you were probably commenting on the pass mark rather than what % was required to achieve 140 - so please ignore - it's been one of those days! :roll: