Options to increase the chances for place in Slough Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FAM79

Options to increase the chances for place in Slough Grammar

Post by FAM79 »

Hi All,
My daughter score 117 for slough and 108.39 for Kendrick, by looking at last years intake slough school have high chances to give admission while Kendrick has quite low.

we are living in the Earley area (RG6) Reading, Wokingham. We need to your support or ideas how we can increase chances of getting admission in uptown court, shifting may take a long time, few gossips or discussion that come to my thought process while taking here and there, can someone suggest me the right way to do it.

1. few people are saying get some studio flat or some cheaper accommodation and then proper shift latter on or once admission is done you can continue living where ur living now.
2. look for some shared accommodation, rest follow as point 1.

I have a few days left and thinking to apply in the following order in parallel to above-thought process.
1. Kendrick
2. uptown court school
3. Herschel grammar
4. Maiden Erlegh school.

Looking forward to hear from your end.
Regards
Tinkers

Re: Options to increase the chances for place in Slough Gram

Post by Tinkers »

Have you read the admissions criteria on the school websites to see what their residency rules are?

Moving now may not make any difference, but I’m not really familiar with their admissions as I never considered Slough schools.

Btw, are you living within a mile of ME? They have typically being allocating to that distance in the last few years, just being in catchment is not enough
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I suggest you read page 4 of this.
http://www.uptoncourtgrammar.org.uk/upl ... 019-20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And page 3 of this

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sh-h ... 0Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since I doubt you can meet the requirements in the time remaining I seriously doubt it will make a blind bit of difference to getting a Slough School.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Point 1 and point 2 both sound like variants of address fraud, TBH.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Hmmmmm.....I agree, TM....
FAM79

Post by FAM79 »

ToadMum wrote:Point 1 and point 2 both sound like variants of address fraud, TBH.
100% right, that's why I post it on a forum to be sure if its right or wrong.. but to be honest I have noticed ppl are trying to do this...
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

ToadMum wrote:Point 1 and point 2 both sound like variants of address fraud, TBH.
After reading the admissions myself I’d agree it would be address fraud, but I don’t think that FAM79 has realised that for themselves. Hopefully now they do and realise they have been misinformed by ‘few people’.

Cross posted with FAM
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

FAM79 wrote:
100% right, that's why I post it on a forum to be sure if its right or wrong.. but to be honest I have noticed ppl are trying to do this...
Yep, I'm sure there will be those who are trying it (if you have evidence, btw, please do pass on your suspicions to the appropriate authority. Personally, I get very fed up with the argument that it's not fair to make a child suffer for the actions of their parents by taking a school place away, but it sure as hades isn't fair to make the child who should legitimately have had the place suffer for them :evil: ). Doesn't make it right, though. And LEAs do check up on addresses.
Last edited by ToadMum on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MightyMum

Post by MightyMum »

Tinkers wrote:
After reading the admissions myself I’d agree it would be address fraud, but I don’t think that FAM79 has realised that for themselves. Hopefully now they do and realise they have been misinformed by ‘few people’.

Cross posted with FAM
I'm sorry, but to get to this stage, having prepared your child for the exam, sitting the exam, evaluating and visiting the schools...how can you not realise that renting a studio flat to 'pretend' that parents and a child live in one room isn't address fraud?
To the OP - please don't do this. You could end up without a school place and the over subscription criteria is there for a reason.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

FAM79 wrote:My daughter score 117 for slough and 108.39 for Kendrick, by looking at last years intake slough school have high chances to give admission
Whatever gave you this idea living in Reading?
I'm quite surprised that you don't know any of the schools admission rules at this late stage!

I assume you mean Upton Court not Uptown?

Edited to correct mistake
Last edited by rhiane on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.