Does School Priority plays a role ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FAM79

Does School Priority plays a role ?

Post by FAM79 »

Hi All,

Does school priority plays a role in securing a place, e.g. if a student has high chances of getting into school X and low chances of getting into school Y, if school Y is P1 and school X is P4, does this mean he/she may lose a seat for school X?

I am considering following Priorities.

P1. Kendrick School ( 25% chances or less)
P2. Upton Court Grammar school ( 40% chances or more)
P3. Herschel Grammar school ( 70% or less)
P4. Maiden Erlegh school (non-grammar one the best school in Wokingham 100% chances).

will request to know from your experience that if I set P1 to P4 will this impact me in securing a place for HGS or upton?

appreciate your support.
Regards
ToadMum

Re: Does School Priority plays a role ?

Post by ToadMum »

FAM79 wrote:Hi All,

Does school priority plays a role in securing a place, e.g. if a student has high chances of getting into school X and low chances of getting into school Y, if school Y is P1 and school X is P4, does this mean he/she may lose a seat for school X?

P4. Maiden Erlegh school (non-grammar one the best school in Wokingham 100% chances).

will request to know from your experience that if I set P1 to P4 will this impact me in securing a place for HGS or upton?

appreciate your support.
Regards
▪Places are allocated according to the schools' published admissions criteria
▪You will be allocated your highest ranked school which can offer you a place.
▪The schools do not know where you ranked them on your CAF - it is a contravention of the Admissions Code for this information to be communicated to them, let alone for it to be taken into account when applicants are being ranked.

So if you really want Upton Court or Herschel and there is the slightest chance of a place being allocated at Kendrick, don't put Kendrick first. You will only get one offer of a place on March 1st.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The school does not know where you ranked them but your council will only allocate you one school so make sure you put the school you want the most as first ranking. DG
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

No - you will not lose your chance for school X

If those schools ranking indicates as per your priority- please go ahead.

Please refer here

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FAM79 wrote:Hi All,

appreciate your support.
Regards
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The above posts are all correct, put the schools in your genuine order of preference.

I’m assuming since you live in Reading that whilst Kendrick is a very long shot, it would be your first preference, with the Slough schools next and ME last.

In which case your order is correct.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

FAM79 wrote:P1. Kendrick School ( 25% chances or less)
Nothing to add that hasn't already been said except, but do keep in mind that although Upton went down to a rank score of 116 last year that may not be the case this year, the addition of Herschels new 4 mile zone may increase the amount of parents applying to Upton, It could also have an impact on Herschels rank score places, as far fewer places will be left after all local DC are offered!
FAM79

Post by FAM79 »

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable input, with your input I feel confident now and can follow the same sequence.

Regards
FAM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now