Cut off score for TGS by final offers round

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
countrylifeKat

Cut off score for TGS by final offers round

Post by countrylifeKat »

Hi - my DD scored 350 (we are in area) - is it worth putting TGS on the scaf or not? I have seen the TGS info with the cut offs for last few years. Am hoping with the fact that girls overall scored lower this year, that we might get lucky by third round waiting list or am I deluding myself?! :lol:

Please confirm that with equal preference, putting TGS in no.1 doesn't affect chance of getting no.2 or no.3 if we don't get TGS!

Thanks
KentbridgeDad

Re: Cut off score for TGS by final offers round

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Hi countrylifeKat, I think that 350 is little short for TGS. Last year the cutoff started with 369 in first round and went couple of marks less for second round and waiting list.

Based on what I have seen infact this year the cut off may go up by few. Also there are lot of our of county girls who have got high scores this year, depends how many of them move to become IC.

Having said that no one actually know what the cutoff will be and you might get lucky hence there is no harm is listing TGS as your first preference and giving it a go. I think it does not affect you to get option 2 or 3. Let others also comment on this but this is my understanding.

Good Luck

Cheers
KD
countrylifeKat wrote:Hi - my DD scored 350 (we are in area) - is it worth putting TGS on the scaf or not? I have seen the TGS info with the cut offs for last few years. Am hoping with the fact that girls overall scored lower this year, that we might get lucky by third round waiting list or am I deluding myself?! :lol:

Please confirm that with equal preference, putting TGS in no.1 doesn't affect chance of getting no.2 or no.3 if we don't get TGS!

Thanks
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

If you like it, put it first, it will not affect you being offered a place at your 2nd or 3rd choice. I'm fairly certain you won't get offered it on that score but there is certainly no harm in putting it first on your form if that is where you want to go.
confused67

Post by confused67 »

I know someone who got in off the waiting list for TGS on 363 in area but I don't think the cut off went any lower than that last year. There is no problem in putting down TGS first in case the cut off turns out to be lower this year. It won't affect your other choices. Just put them in genuine preference order, as if TGS doesn't offer a place you will be offered the next school on your list with an available place. DD scored 357 last year and DH put TGS down first just in case the cut off dropped and DD changed her mind about not actually wanting to go there!
countrylifeKat

Post by countrylifeKat »

Thanks for your replies. I know it went down to 350 one year but that was a while ago and I think on the old scoring system. Slim chances but its gone on the form :D