Help with Y2 SATs for Bucks Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rhiane

Help with Y2 SATs for Bucks Review

Post by rhiane »

Hi,

I'm asking for a friend who is going for a review with a score of 112, her DC is at a Bucks Primary.

She's fully aware that she needs very strong evidence with 112
HT has give a 2:2 recommendation

On her Y2 SATs results there are both Teacher assessment results and Test results, which one should the HT record on the review form please?
Sorry I don't know how to add a picture?

The Test Results on the original results form are as follows:
Reading 3
Writing 3
Maths 2A

The Teacher Assessments are:
English
Speaking and Listening 2
Reading 2A
Writing 3

Maths 2B

The HT has recorded the Teacher assessments, (3/2A/2B) but not the Test results, the assessments are lower than the test results as they include a 2B which is clearly not ideal.
Should she have included the Test results as will/instead of the assessments?

Many thanks

edited to add info
Last edited by rhiane on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Re: Help with Y2 SATs for Bucks Review

Post by Guest55 »

It is the same school or was the student at an Infant school?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Guest55 wrote:It is the same school or was the student at an Infant school?
Edited to remove wrong info... Sorry!
Last edited by rhiane on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Sorry, just been speaking to my friend, and my info on schools is wrong!

Y2 at an infant school, then Y3/4/5/6 at current school. (Both Bucks)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

She needs to ask why the Head has recorded the TAs - I am told that TAs tend to be more accurate at KS1 and the 'tests' were not as formal as now.

I think the Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, KS2 predictions are more important. Would she share those with you? Alternatively she could register and send a scan of the form to the appeal box?
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Guest55 wrote:She needs to ask why the Head has recorded the TAs - I am told that TAs tend to be more accurate at KS1 and the 'tests' were not as formal as now.

I think the Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, KS2 predictions are more important. Would she share those with you? Alternatively she could register and send a scan of the form to the appeal box?

Thank you, yes i'm sure she would share them all with me, I know she has made another appointment to see the HT.

I'll get all the info and send to the appeals box.
I do know that her evidence isn't as strong as many on here, she knows her chances are not great, but as there is a sibling already at a Bucks Grammar she wants to try everything she can.

Thanks again
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Does she understand the problems of an unsuccessful review? Might it be worth waiting for an appeal? She can read through all Etienne's fantastic thread that explains it ...
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Guest55 wrote:Does she understand the problems of an unsuccessful review? Might it be worth waiting for an appeal? She can read through all Etienne's fantastic thread that explains it ...

I gave her all of Etienne's info soon after the results were known, including the effect a failed review can have on an appeal!
I will repeat it all again to make she fully understands and push her to register for the forum

Thanks
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Guest55 wrote:Does she understand the problems of an unsuccessful review? Might it be worth waiting for an appeal? She can read through all Etienne's fantastic thread that explains it ...
If she goes straight to appeal what grounds would she have for appeal that would be stronger than for a review?

Does that make sense?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It depends what the HT as written and we need to see that first.

At an appeal a wider range of evidence can be considered before an independent panel [not Heads as a review] - this can include marked books and the parent is there to answer any questions. By later in Year 6 then stronger prediction might be available - the risk is the school will be full but with a sibling the case would be stronger for a place if deemed qualified.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now