Essex CAF, waiting list and offer letters from schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Janita

Essex CAF, waiting list and offer letters from schools

Post by Janita »

Good evening everyone. This is our first secondary /11+ application and just have a few questions. I need some guidance understanding what happens next as I've read hundreds of threads but are still unsure about a few things.

Son scored 341.241 (2019 entrance)
We are in catchment for KEGS. We're yellow✅/green band✅✅

I've submitted the following CAF to match my sons preferences
1. CRGS (✅ 337 ) - no catchment - Yellow
2. KEGS (✅ 338 ) in catchment - Yellow
3. Westcliff Boys (✅✅ 341) - out/c - Green
4. Southend Boys (✅✅330) - out/c - Green
5. Hockerhill Anglo European college (boarding) Bishop's Stortford
6. St Marys Catholic school (Bishop's Stortford)

So - as I understand it, the next step is to wait (patiently) for 1 March 2019 and this is the procedure?

• Essex LA will allocate your space for you according to your preference and admission criteria.
•if let's say we get allocated no 3 ( westcliff) - you will automatically be on the waiting list for no 1-CRGS and no 2-KEGS
•you will receive a offer letter from no 3-Westcliff asking you to accept or decline
• You have to accept that offer to stay on the waiting list for 1&2?
• If there is movement on the waiting list YOU have to be enquiring - at Essex/school- about your status or will school 1&2 keep you updated?
• If you obtain a space at school 1or2 - you will receive another offer letter. Once you've accepted that one you have to let school 3 know (your initial offer) that they can now free that space as you will be withdrawing you offer from them

Appreciating any guidance and direction as I do not know if I understand it correctly at the moment!

Thank you all in advance!
ToadMum

Re: Essex CAF, waiting list and offer letters from schools

Post by ToadMum »

On March 1st, the offer of a place at whichever school comes from your local authority - schools are not permitted to contact parents until after this has happened.

Assuming that you are unfer Essex County Council, unless they have changed their procedure this year, you do not have to 'accept' the place offered: you only have to respond if you want to reject the place offered (not a sensible thing to do, unless you want to home educate or have an indie place in hand - in which case, it is just good manners to decline the state offer as soon as possible :) ).

If you apply online, you should be able to log in to your account on March 1st to check your school allocation and thereafter to check your DS's waiting list position(s) if necessary.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Janita

Re: Essex CAF, waiting list and offer letters from schools

Post by Janita »

Thank you
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now