Ribston or Crypt?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smorgasbord

Ribston or Crypt?

Post by smorgasbord »

I really can't decide. Which is the better school??!
kenyancowgirl

Re: Ribston or Crypt?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

What do you mean by better? Prettier? Cleaner? More facilities? More Academic? More arts and drama strong? Better pastoral care? Better for children with green hair...?!!!

Which one did your child and you like better when you went round? That is fundamentally all that matters - which one did you feel was a better fit for your child and your family life? Make a decision and put whichever one you like best, first on your CAF and get it in, before the deadline which is tomorrow. Do not leave it till the last minute (I am not sure if it is 11.59pm or close of working day for Gloucester) but, inevitably, the system can get clogged and might crash. It is a bit late to be asking complete strangers on a forum, who do not know your child at all.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well for a start off one is co ed and one is all girls. Doesn't that swing it one way or the other?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:Well for a start off one is co ed and one is all girls. Doesn't that swing it one way or the other?
Although separated by only a few hundred yards, (so I’m guessing the travel/family thing commitment is equal) they are both completely different schools.. if it were me I think I’d draw straws...
Amber

Post by Amber »

Not much to choose between the uniforms. Green and yellow or a slightly off burgundy...neither would suit my family's skin colour but if your child has red (or as KCG says, green) hair one might be better. :)

What does your daughter think?
Skip

Post by Skip »

It’s difficult when they are equal but different in your mind. I had same dilemma between Ribston and Stroud High. But like others will tell you go with your gut instinct. I went with Ribston in the end because my daughter liked it best and so did I. On paper Stroud is ‘better’ in some ways and Ribston is ‘better’ in others. At the end the of the day both are lovely schools and so is Crypt and Tommies and Denmark Road and Pates. You won’t go wrong with either so go with your heart. Good luck and no regrets!
Watermelon8

Post by Watermelon8 »

All the grammars are great schools so if you are lucky enough to have a choice simply go with what you prefer! I really don’t think one grammar is particularly better than another they just suit different children. My ds is y7 at Crypt. The co-Ed process has been really well thought through if you’re worried about intergration for the girls. Just pick the school that suits your child best.
Amber

Post by Amber »

The CAF had to be in yesterday, so hopefully the decision was taken in time!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now