Next step when dd got 120

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TheHurdle

Next step when dd got 120

Post by TheHurdle »

Can anyone tell me the next step for dd who achieved 120 on the test.

Is it two forms, school review? where from and how.
I have emailed school and council and not had reply.
Thanks
lea2124

Re: Next step when dd got 120

Post by lea2124 »

TheHurdle wrote:Can anyone tell me the next step for dd who achieved 120 on the test.

Is it two forms, school review? where from and how.
I have emailed school and council and not had reply.
Thanks
This is a bit strange. Are you in Bucks? Perhaps you got your results later. My son also got 120 and we've already been seen by the headteacher who is supporting our Selection Review. On the appeals forum it tells you the difference between a review and an appeal.

If you decide on a selection review you only have till 2nd Nov to get the forms to County Hall.
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

What's strange? The deadline is 4th November?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The deadline is 2nd November unless you got the results later. The Head should complete one form and you complete the other. There should have been some explanation with the results as to the way forward.

May I suggest you read Etienne's excellent thread about reviews and begin to think about the evidence you might call upon? Does your child go to a Bucks primary or partner school?
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Thanks Guest. I have now read most of Etiennes thread, we have submitted form to the school but its come back without any words at all from the head. we have good grades I think - a 1 1 recommendation but Im wondering how common it is to leave the head space blank?

we have absoluty glowing heads comments from 5 years - but she is against the 11+...
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Why is the HT against the 11+ ? Surely it’s not professional! Disadvantaging a child due to personal views is awful ! :oops: :oops:
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

I dont know- its a rumour passed down the ages at the school.

People did warn me but when you dont really know what your being warned about its harder to take heed.

I would like now to be crystal clear to all parents and future parents - please bear in mind head wont fill out form if needed!

I think its critical parents know this and its explained whats meant. But of course it would be v hard to do this,

I dislike the feeling myself, my dd - other parents are at the mercy of a powerful heads own political agenda.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now