Liverpool Blue coat 11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jonnyfingers

Re: Liverpool Blue coat 11 plus results

Post by Jonnyfingers »

lfc_daddy wrote:Is there any way of finding out the cut off between group a and b?

Has the school shared this previously?

I can’t imagine any reason why you would not want your child to attend if they were group a so not holding much hope out for a place for Dd but she did well and I am very proud of her :) group B scored 348
It’s not a matter of not wanting to take her place, there are a lot of things to consider. We live a long way from the school, which on its own is difficult. Also, Dd has a sibling in y5, and, as I’m sure you know, there are no guarantees that he’d get a place. If he didn’t it would make our situation logistically very difficult. I’m sure we all want the best for all of our children and sometimes what initially seems like a simple decision isn’t quite so simple.
Aszjk

Post by Aszjk »

Hi, I’m new to the page but have a little bit of information about scores which I hope will be useful to those of you, like me, who have a child placed in a Group B in the Liverpool Blue Coat school and face a long wait till 1st March . dd scored 349.

The lowest Group A score I’m aware of is currently 354 and the highest Group B score I’ve heard of is 351.The lowest confirmed Group B score is 345 although I’ve heard of a 328 but not confirmed..

Has anyone heard of other scores?

If I hear of anymore I will post again.
Last edited by Aszjk on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
grm

Post by grm »

I know a 335 that was Group C.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

I don’t know much about Bluecoat, apart from the fact it’s a fantastic school. Good luck to your DC hoping for a place there.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Jonnyfingers wrote:One thing I wonder about, they offer the top 180 scores guaranteed places, but what would happen if those 180 were all the same sex? Unlikely, I know, but not impossible. Does anyone know if there is any mechanism to ensure that there is a balance of boys and girls or is it purely down to the scores, irrespective of gender?
I don’t know about this school/ region but in Bexley for example the co-Ed grammars they are not 50/50 on girls/boys. I went to a coed (albeit a long time so now!) in another region and there were 21 boys in each class and 7 girls.
grm

Post by grm »

Sadly 347 wasn't high enough. Luckily she got into Belvedere. But she wants to appeal. Aargh.
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Arh good luck with your appeal, fingers crossed for you.
grm

Post by grm »

Thanks, I'll keep you all posted!
Jeannie6

Post by Jeannie6 »

grm wrote:Sadly 347 wasn't high enough. Luckily she got into Belvedere. But she wants to appeal. Aargh.

Over 1300 children took the test that day and more who had deferred to a later date. Sadly, well over 1000 children will be disappointed. Please don’t encourage you DC that there is much hope with any appeal but good luck. Out of curiosity though, what grounds will you be appealing on?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now