KES interview calls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GrafvonSponeck

KES interview calls

Post by GrafvonSponeck »

Have the KES scholarship interview calls started? I have heard that if you dont get a call before half term it means you are not in consideration for an academic scholarship (as opposed to AP). Does anyone know if its true?
MSD

Re: KES interview calls

Post by MSD »

I believe they have GrafvonSponeck. I received a passing note from our previous tutors confirming the same.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

So scholarship calls out first and then assisted places? Not heard anything yet here.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

GrafvonSponeck wrote:Have the KES scholarship interview calls started? I have heard that if you dont get a call before half term it means you are not in consideration for an academic scholarship (as opposed to AP). Does anyone know if its true?
I was under the impression that interviews will start first week of November. Since that date is closing in on us, the earliest they would start making calls would be next week, unless the volume of interviews have increased. All this waiting/worry is very unhealthy.

Has it ever happened that your offered AP without an interview?
MSD

Post by MSD »

I have it on good authority that some children have received invitation for scholarship interview. But not entirely sure when they will be conducted.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

MSD wrote:I have it on good authority that some children have received invitation for scholarship interview. But not entirely sure when they will be conducted.
Thank you MSD, it's good to hear they have started calling. I'm sure they are working hard calling so many applicants', that will be interviewed week beginning the 5th of November and beyond. They have indicated, interviews will start on that date. Either way it's good news, that there is some news. :D
GrafvonSponeck

Post by GrafvonSponeck »

MSD wrote:I have it on good authority that some children have received invitation for scholarship interview. But not entirely sure when they will be conducted.
MSD - do you know by any chance how many boys are usually interviewed for how many scholarships?
MSD

Post by MSD »

No idea GrafvonSponeck - sorry!
lakings1900

Post by lakings1900 »

I can confirm a friends son has received a scholarship interview phone call.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Any more updates?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now