Post by Mumfaa »

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this.

a) Breakdown of raw score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 49

Non-verbal reasoning = 36

Mathematics = 32

b) Maximum available raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.

c) Average cohort raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.

d) SD score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 111.36

Non-verbal reasoning = 111.24

Mathematics = 115.87

e) Total SD score

We are only provided with the final age standardised score – see (f) below.

f) Final weighted age standardised SD score

g) Rank order, if available

This information is not held. We do not create or provide rankings.

h) Total cohort size taking the test

5960 candidates sat the entrance test in Birmingham in 2018 for entry to school in September 2019. The entrance test is shared with Warwickshire County Council. This figure does not include candidates who sat the test in Warwickshire - we do not hold this information.

My DD took exam this year and she is Sept.born
Skylark

Re: Raw Score

Post by Skylark »

Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?
Mumfaa

Post by Mumfaa »

Skylark wrote:Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?
I just wrote the email according to the template given on forum and they provided me with the answer. But they didn't tell the highest score so there is nothing much to compare though.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Great Mumfaa!

Could you please post these results on original template thread too. We already have some results there
MSD

Post by MSD »

The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.
Mumfaa

Post by Mumfaa »

) Breakdown of raw score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 48

Non-verbal reasoning = 32

Mathematics = 30

b) Maximum available raw score for each subject area

c) Average cohort raw score for each subject area

d) SD score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 110.32

Non-verbal reasoning = 104.75

Mathematics = 112.92

e) Total SD score

We are only provided with the final age standardised score – see (f) below.

f) Final weighted age standardised SD score

g) Rank order, if available

This information is not held. We do not create or provide rankings.

h) Total cohort size taking the test

5960 candidates sat the entrance test in Birmingham in 2018 for entry to school in September 2019. The entrance test is shared with Warwickshire County Council. This figure does not include candidates who sat the test in Warwickshire - we do not hold this information.

Thats the raw score for my other daughter. My daughters r twins.
smile123

Post by smile123 »

MSD wrote:Great Mumfaa!

Could you please post these results on original template thread too. We already have some results there

Which thread is this? Is there a link?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Mumfaa wrote:
Skylark wrote:Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?
I just wrote the email according to the template given on forum and they provided me with the answer. But they didn't tell the highest score so there is nothing much to compare though.
It would of been better, if this information was provided in the results letter. It's a shame that the parent have to request this. At least they provided some info, I suppose there is a positive in that.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

MSD wrote:The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.
It seems they excluded the most useful information. Not sure how it could undermine the integrity of their testing, if this information was given to the parent. There should be more transparency provided. That way they can be held accountable, if there is an error of any kind.
Mumfaa

Post by Mumfaa »

Skylark wrote:
MSD wrote:The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.
It seems they excluded the most useful information. Not sure how it could undermine the integrity of their testing, if this information was given to the parent. There should be more transparency provided. That way they can be held accountable, if there is an error of any kind.
Totally Agree !!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now