Sobbing at the Christmas Ad that has gone viral

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Blitz

Sobbing at the Christmas Ad that has gone viral

Post by Blitz »

If you have not caught this ad, please give is a watch with tissues at the ready. It is not selling anything, just saying Christmas is about love not 'stuff'. It was made for less than £50 back in 2014; this year's John Lewis ad cost 7 million pounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHX0btJYcyI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to make you blub on a Friday night. :lol:
JaneEyre

Re: Sobbing at the Christmas Ad that has gone viral

Post by JaneEyre »

Thank you so so much for sharing this add! :D :D So so much touching! :D
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Just replied to the other Christmas ad with a link to this. Chokes me up every time.
doodles

Post by doodles »

:(
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

doodles wrote::(
I know. It just made me think. My Dad is no longer with me and I have lots of photos to look at but, but... since he died all I have ever wanted was to hear his voice again. I wish he had made some tapes before the end :-( Christmas is a time to celebrate the family you have now and also to remember the family you once had.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I have some 8mm video tapes I shot with a video camera I bought when my daughter was born. Once I'd used it to death filming her as a baby, I then only really used it on occasions like birthdays, holidays and Christmases. I haven't yet got round to digitising the tapes but last year we hooked the camera up to the TV to play some of the tapes from the early 2000s and for a few seconds in a Christmas clip, my late grandmother is in shot and talking. I have lots of photos of her but the sound of her voice for those few seconds just jump out of the film and transfix me. Sounds, like smells, are particularly evocative, voices more so I think.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

anotherdad wrote:I have some 8mm video tapes I shot with a video camera I bought when my daughter was born. Once I'd used it to death filming her as a baby, I then only really used it on occasions like birthdays, holidays and Christmases. I haven't yet got round to digitising the tapes but last year we hooked the camera up to the TV to play some of the tapes from the early 2000s and for a few seconds in a Christmas clip, my late grandmother is in shot and talking. I have lots of photos of her but the sound of her voice for those few seconds just jump out of the film and transfix me. Sounds, like smells, are particularly evocative, voices more so I think.
A beautiful thing to have, anotherdad. Treasure it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I wish I could hear my dad's voice again too :cry:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !