Any Tewkesbury bus riders – Crypt/Ribston?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YankBritmum

Any Tewkesbury bus riders – Crypt/Ribston?

Post by YankBritmum »

Just trying to get confirmation of what I believe to be the case, should there have been any changes this year. I understand there is a shared bus to both schools from Tewkesbury area? Am I correct that it does a pick up along the Walton Cardiff bypass? (up from Morrisons)

On a normal day, what time does the bus leave/return?

Are there a good number of children who take the bus? Similarly, just to check it is not close to being overcrowded?

I think we will be based Tewkesbury area, so I just want to be accurate with information before we make our decisions on school options for DD.

Are there any Y7 for September 2019 from Tewkesbury area, considering these schools?
muminTewkes

Re: Any Tewkesbury bus riders – Crypt/Ribston?

Post by muminTewkes »

Me !

Possible crypt (str is first choice)

I’ve no idea on buses though sorry.

Eldest did bus to Pates but I often took him.

Be interested to see.
mumcc

Post by mumcc »

Us too. Strs is first choice for DS but Crypt might be more likely.

Not sure about bus routes yet (and we are not in wheat pieces) but have seen children from all the Glos grammars waiting for buses along the Gloucester Road in the mornings.
Pink0ddy

Post by Pink0ddy »

Yes there is a bus with a good number of children because it does not go just to Crypt. I believe 7:30 from Tewkesbury school and arrives back at Morrison’s at 4:30ish.

There is also a really good parents forum on Facebook where you can have questions answered like does your child really need white trainers.

It is also Pos for them to reach the school by public transport (personally I’m thinking later in the school but some y7s do apparently)
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Pink0ddy wrote:Yes there is a bus with a good number of children because it does not go just to Crypt. I believe 7:30 from Tewkesbury school and arrives back at Morrison’s at 4:30ish.

There is also a really good parents forum on Facebook where you can have questions answered like does your child really need white trainers.

It is also Pos for them to reach the school by public transport (personally I’m thinking later in the school but some y7s do apparently)
Great! Thank you so much for the info, good to know.
Iona

Post by Iona »

The bus service is run by Eagle Line, it’s a private arrangement between parents and the bus company. If you contact them they will send you a form to complete. The current cost is £133 per month for 11 months. It goes to Crypt, Ribston and St Peters. It picks up near Tewkesbury School first and leaves the Crescent at 7.35am, going onto Stonehills then the Odessa. It tends to get back about 4.15ish.
Bikerboy

Post by Bikerboy »

I've heard Eagle line hiked their prices up this year so Bennetts have been asked to look at a Tewkesbury service. If anyone's interested it might be worth contacting melissa.lovell@bennettscoaches.co.uk as she seems to be the one I get info from re DS's school bus.
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

Thanks for the information, that is good to know. I will reach out to Bennetts and see what feedback I get.

Can anyone currently using Eagle line from Tewkesbury, clarify what the cost is now, versus the proposed costs for 2019??
Bikerboy wrote:I've heard Eagle line hiked their prices up this year so Bennetts have been asked to look at a Tewkesbury service. If anyone's interested it might be worth contacting melissa.lovell@bennettscoaches.co.uk as she seems to be the one I get info from re DS's school bus.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Bikerboy wrote:I've heard Eagle line hiked their prices up this year so Bennetts have been asked to look at a Tewkesbury service. If anyone's interested it might be worth contacting melissa.lovell@bennettscoaches.co.uk as she seems to be the one I get info from re DS's school bus.
We received this from Ribston on Wednesday:-

"Bennetts Coaches have been approached by parents recently asking if we would consider operating a school bus service from Tewkesbury to The Crypt School & Ribston Hall High School from September 2019.

This is a new route we would certainly considering operating if demand for the service was there. We currently run 3 services into Ribston & Crypt and would expect this to increase to 4 services in September 2019. Tewkesbury would be included within that new route.

At the moment, we cannot give an indication of price or the exact route the new service is likely to take but we are keeping contact details of those who may be interested in this new service.

If this new route is of interest to you, a friend or work colleague then please register interest by emailing: Melissa.lovell@bennettscoaches.co.uk"
MumInTewkesbury

Post by MumInTewkesbury »

Hi - Are there many children travelling from Tewkesbury to Crypt? My son has been offered a place, I’m concerned at the distance and seeing friends after school?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now